Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 08:15 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,257,753 times

Advertisements

I kind of tried to get info awhile back but being unwilling at the time to actually say we were moving--as husband hadn't quit his job yet--I kind of beat around the bush. Since he's turning in his notice tomorrow I can be candid. We moved here last summer and now have the opportunity to return home for a better job. Of course it's too soon to try and sell the house the market being what it is so we thought we'd rent.

Does anyone have any experience with renting their house here? The only time we have rented the house was on the market to sell and that realtor actually had a renter who wanted it. Mike mentioned management co's and realtors but can anyone give me any specific names and how they worked out for you.

I tried Craigslist but for some reason I can't get the ad to post so we've already lost one weekend. People have mentioned Raleighrent but do you think it gets many people looking out in Holly Springs? Anyone have any idea what the general duration is on the rental market at the time. We plan on being aggressive on price and the house and neighborhood are nice as are the schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 08:50 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,788,342 times
Just a reminder to (please) send recommendations via DM, as they're not allowed on the open forum.

Thanks!

Old 01-09-2011, 11:19 PM

68 posts, read 152,396 times
Where are you in HS and how big is your house? We are moving to the area and looking for a long term rental.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:28 PM

75 posts, read 168,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Just a reminder to (please) send recommendations via DM, as they're not allowed on the open forum.

Thanks!
recommendations cannot be posted? i'm a newbie so this is not intended as sarcasm/critique... why not?

i'm also looking for a mgt co for my place. if recommendations are not allowed, kindly DM them to me as well.

thanks

Old 01-11-2011, 07:38 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,060,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeel View Post
I kind of tried to get info awhile back but being unwilling at the time to actually say we were moving--as husband hadn't quit his job yet--I kind of beat around the bush. Since he's turning in his notice tomorrow I can be candid. We moved here last summer and now have the opportunity to return home for a better job. Of course it's too soon to try and sell the house the market being what it is so we thought we'd rent.

Does anyone have any experience with renting their house here? The only time we have rented the house was on the market to sell and that realtor actually had a renter who wanted it. Mike mentioned management co's and realtors but can anyone give me any specific names and how they worked out for you.

I tried Craigslist but for some reason I can't get the ad to post so we've already lost one weekend. People have mentioned Raleighrent but do you think it gets many people looking out in Holly Springs? Anyone have any idea what the general duration is on the rental market at the time. We plan on being aggressive on price and the house and neighborhood are nice as are the schools.

My landlord has had simikiar problems this week as well. Just in case you need to talk with another realtor, DM sent...

Old 01-11-2011, 11:23 AM

I didn't realize it either since I see recommendations for other services. I kind of got the idea of asking from a post someone made on a thread looking for a rent house. It had some names so I thought I could get firsthand info. I can send you the info he sent me then you too can sit around reading their websites weighing the pros and cons. I'm looking forward to going home but not looking forward to the process. Especially since I get to stay here and do all the work while my husband gets to bach it at my brother's house, work out, hang with friends, and start an exciting new job!

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 01-11-2011 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: No realtor recommendations, per the TOS

Old 01-11-2011, 11:51 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,788,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
recommendations cannot be posted? i'm a newbie so this is not intended as sarcasm/critique... why not?

i'm also looking for a mgt co for my place. if recommendations are not allowed, kindly DM them to me as well.

thanks

From the Terms of Service:

Quote:
Recommendations are allowed for posters that have at least 10 posts. One cannot recommend himself/herself. The only area where recommendations are not permitted is real estate, however general responses, such as "we have many helpful and knowledgeable real estate agents on this forum - just DM them" are fine.
Any questions, feel free to send me a DM .....

Old 01-11-2011, 12:32 PM

Thanks! I had briefly wondered if it was the real estate issue last night but then my son got sick and I forgot about that thought.

Oh and Mike didn't recommend himself--he gave me the names of 3 local property management co's to check out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary