Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2010, 01:54 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,024,587 times

Advertisements

We got a duel fuel stove/oven and now we need someone to run the gas pipe to the stove! We already have natural gas in the house and it probably only needs to be extended another 5-8 feet.
I called a friend who is an electrician for suggestions of plumbers he might know he said recommended ARS. I called them but they would not give me any pricing information at all when I called, only that they would send someone out for an estimate. That makes me skeptical! . I have called three other places, including PSNC and they've all been able to give me an estimated hourly rate.
So has anyone used them for this type of work?

Last edited by lamishra; 12-30-2010 at 02:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 02:16 PM

43,015 posts, read 76,500,303 times
Try Cary Plumbing.
It is a plumbing job.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:25 PM

2,459 posts, read 8,048,068 times
We've had good luck with Project Services in Cary for both gas line and traditional plumbing work. Actually one of the better subs we've used in quite a while. The owner started out as a pipe fitter - which is really what you need although "plumber" works too.

Plumbing Service | Plumber in Cary Apex Holly Springs Fuquay Varina | Water Heater Repair

Frank

Old 12-30-2010, 02:52 PM

22,614 posts, read 36,507,081 times
ARS came out to do some HVAC work under our home warranty and they were incredibly pushy about us buying a service plan AND they haven't stopped calling us since about (I don't answer the phone when I see it's them....they seem to have given up over the holidays). I'd be wary about using them for a job.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:10 PM

819 posts, read 1,453,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
ARS came out to do some HVAC work under our home warranty and they were incredibly pushy about us buying a service plan AND they haven't stopped calling us since about (I don't answer the phone when I see it's them....they seem to have given up over the holidays). I'd be wary about using them for a job.
I second this - I had them do an estimate for me 5 years ago - they were more than twice what I ended up paying, and they still contact me. I also have some questions as to whether or not they may have intentionally 'undone' some things when they came to provide their estimate (so they could charge me to 'fix' them), but I have no proof of that one!

Old 12-30-2010, 04:28 PM

2,024 posts, read 5,896,669 times
Acme Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning (operating in Durham as One Hour Heating/Air and Ben Franklin Plumbing for residential -- Acme is their commercial/trades unit) does exceptional work and has great staff. Not the cheapest but we've been the happiest with them. The owners are very active in civic matters locally and are thoroughly on the up and up.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:54 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,024,587 times
Thanks all. I just canceled my appointment with them! They had a service rep call back to confirm the appointment for Monday, and then they told me that Jan 3rd is still on their holiday schedule and they'd be charging me their "emergency rate". Uh...yeah. Fergget it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary