Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 12:57 PM

9 posts, read 24,431 times

Advertisements

Hello all!

I am in my tenth week of pregnancy and need some help. I had an appointment scheduled for yesterday at Centre for ObGyn in Raleigh, which I waited 3 weeks for and it was canceled due to the weather. Now, they do not have another appointment for weeks. I have called around to many places and most places are booked until February, but I was able to get a couple appointments in the next couple days but now looking at reviews of the locations makes me nervous.

I have an appointment with Blue Ridge OBGYN at Rex and an appointment with Capital Area OBGYN in Raleigh. If anybody has ever had any type of experience with either of these locations, good or bad, please let me know. Or if you have an outstanding OBGYN near Rex in Raleigh or in Cary, please let me know. I am new to the area, this is my first pregnancy and considering I am already in my tenth week, I am just really nervous.

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 01:15 PM

821 posts, read 1,462,556 times
I've been to Blue Ridge - I guess it's as good as an experience as it can be. They were polite and generally on time. Good luck!

Old 01-12-2011, 01:23 PM

375 posts, read 1,143,600 times
There are mixed reviews for Blue Ridge when you look them up on Google maps.

Did you try Mid-Carolina OBGYN? I use them for my annual visits, and my friend just delivered a baby with them. They are very caring and in tune with your needs.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:33 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,675,433 times
i personally prefer triangle obgyn in cary (its the same group that works the nc center for reproductive medicine)

my expereince with them was SO much better than with the ones over by rex (just my personal experience). I drove over 45 minutes each way for each and every visit. not too mention the birthing center at the cary hospital was amazing.

if on some off chance, i were to get pregnant again, there would be no other choice for me but to go back to them. the entire staff was awesome.

youre only 10 weeks- if you have to wait till feb its not that big of an issue to wait in most situations. many women dont know theyre pregnant until well after that point sometimes, even...

Old 01-12-2011, 02:20 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
I have been seeing Dr. Tahtawi and she is FANTASTIC! She has her own practice called Total Health, Total Woman and I highly recommend her. Very thorough and caring. She is the only doctor in the practice and she has one nurse and one receptionist (all female) and they are really helpful and compassionate.

When I call with questions they are always very quick in responding to my calls. I have not had a baby with her but I have been seeing her for GYN issues and I've been completely impressed with the care I've received there, compared to my old OB/GYN.

She is located in Cary in New Waverly place and delivers at Wake Med in Cary. I like that I always see the same doctor, nurse and receptionist. I've also never had to wait for appointments. I usually arrive 10-15 minutes early and they always take me right back, with very little waiting (5 minutes tops).

Here's a link to her website:

Total Health Total Woman, PLLC - Welcome (http://www.totalhealthtotalwoman.com/home.nxg - broken link)

Old 01-12-2011, 02:40 PM

305 posts, read 761,210 times
If you do want to continue with Centre, you really will be ok not seeing someone until 14 weeks or so. There is very little in the form of intervention in that first appointment -- mostly getting to know you and giving you the basics of staying healthy during pregnancy (all of which is readily available online.) Then they don't want to see you again for another month. ;-) The only issue is if you want to do first trimester screenings for genetic conditions, which need to be done before week 14. I'm sure given the circumstances, they could refer you out for that before they actually meet with you (given that the screening is rarely done on site.) Otherwise have you taken a look at Atrium? I haven't used their clinic, but one of the docs, Dr. Gray, was my favorite at her old practice. Best of luck!

Old 01-13-2011, 05:24 AM

9 posts, read 24,431 times
Thank you so much!! You have given me lots of information. I will start looking into the practices you've referred me to. I really appreciate all of your help.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:07 AM

371 posts, read 1,218,857 times
We went to Triangle Ob/Gyn during the first pregnancy. Went to Capital Area Ob/Gyn for the second. We did not have a good experience with Triangle Ob/Gyn. Capital Area is better than Triangle Ob/Gyn but may not be the greatest. I would avoid couple of doctors there at Capital Area in Cary.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:31 AM

826 posts, read 1,932,754 times
Second on Atrium! I went with them after getting outside referrals and have been really happy so far (also my first pregnancy). Love Dr. Gray and Dr. Alvarez but they are all really nice!

Old 01-13-2011, 10:32 AM

207 posts, read 433,386 times
I like MidCarolina OB/GYN but the waits are sometimes very long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary