Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2011, 05:19 PM

599 posts, read 1,652,939 times

Advertisements

Hi,
My husband is coming for another visit to raleigh. Which sites and sounds should he see? He is looking for a good BBQ place as well as the towns to see where to live? I told him to visit Carrboro and Chapel Hill.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 05:33 PM

57 posts, read 69,821 times
Backyard BBQ Pit in Durham has delicious food.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRAZ View Post
Backyard BBQ Pit in Durham has delicious food.
Thanks WRAZ!

Old 01-17-2011, 06:09 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
Be warned. there is BBQ and there is BBQ. Where is he from and what kind of BBQ is he used to?

N.C. BBQ is typically soaked in vinegar and not at all like western BBQ or BBQ in other areas which is tomato based. It can be quite a shock if you are used to something else. Look in the archives to read many opinions about the differences.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:12 PM

Thanks for the tips, No kudzu. Hummm...I think more of a western bbq.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:28 AM

915 posts, read 2,382,531 times
@Mossy-
If he's looking for a place to live, does he prefer to stay on one side of the triangle or the other? Does he already have a job lined up?

If you let us know, folks can offer up things to do on different sides of the triangle.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:39 PM

Hey Peperoberto!
I don't know which site he is going to but one site is rigt next to the airport and the other is in Cary. He is going to look at Chapel Hill and Carrboro and then I was going to ask which towns are like Chapel Hill and Carrboro on the other side of Raleigh? I heard North Raleigh and Cary?

I told him to go to the irish pub downtown-Tir na Nog in downtown Raleigh. My husband is from Ireland so this is a must plus he would like to try a good BBQ.

Thanks for asking.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:30 PM

216 posts, read 539,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Be warned. there is BBQ and there is BBQ. Where is he from and what kind of BBQ is he used to?

N.C. BBQ is typically soaked in vinegar and not at all like western BBQ or BBQ in other areas which is tomato based. It can be quite a shock if you are used to something else. Look in the archives to read many opinions about the differences.
Good point! I'm from Kansas and we eat cows where I'm from, and we don't do vinegar. The BBQ here is quite distinct and very NC, but give it a whirl just to say you did it.

Oh - and if you like beef brisket i wouldn't order it (my opinion!), you are going to be disappointed, because this is pig country!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary