Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2011, 11:27 AM

1 posts, read 5,520 times

Advertisements

My daughter is 10 years old and her hair is very damaged. I have tried getting it braided and it is still very damaged. I need a stylist in the Raleigh, NC area that can treat her hair to help it grow back. It was relaxed by a previous stylist and it fell out. She is ashamed of her hair and does not want anyone to know how short it really is so I get it braided. This has not been working becuase her hair is still damaged and grows in spots. I need a stylist that does African American children hair and knows how to treat her hair so it can grow back. I need a solution right away to stop the damage and to help my daughter so she does not have to be seen with very short damaged hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 12:54 PM

242 posts, read 594,131 times
Awww, oh no..your poor little girl. You can do a search here and see if anyone has asked the same question. I did & came up with this thread----> Good Hair Stylist (African American hair) in North Raleigh/Wake Forest Area. There are many more...
I'm relocating to Cary in 2 weeks. I am biracial and have very ethnic, curly hair. I stopped relaxing my hair and started embracing my natural hair, and have found 2 hair salons that both specialize in curly, "kinky", multi-racial hair types: Ouidad and Devachan. Both salons train stylists nationwide so that they are able to care for and style our type of hair. In the Raleigh area, there are 2 Ouidad and DevaCurl-certified salons: Wave Lengths 704 Ninth Street Durham, NC 27705 919-416-9705 and Curl Lounge 510 St. Mary's Street Suite 5 Raleigh, NC 27603 (919) 924-4905. I haven't tried either of them yet, but maybe you can stop by with your daughter for a free consultation. Good luck to you!

Old 01-22-2011, 07:51 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,180,822 times
OP--have you considered having your daughter go natural? There are some awesome natural stylists in the area. That way you would avoid damage from chemicals and heat in the future.

Here are three that I recommend highly:

Taji's Salon
Welcome

Sophia Sunflower Salon
https://sophiasunflower.com/

Natural Roots by Jey
Natural Roots by Jey :: The Triangle's Natural Hair Care Service

There is one more natural salon that is awesome, but I can't remember the name. EVERYONE who went there--their hair looked absolutely FLAWLESS. When I remember the name, I'll come back and post.

GOOD LUCK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary