* The old motel that was once where Bobby Murray Chevrolet on Downtown Blvd is now located? It was called "The Alamo Motor Inn" It was of Spanish architecture. My first wife and I stayed there on our honeymoon in 1977.
i remember bobby murray, but seeing as i was born in 78... i dont remember the motel LOL
* The old Skate Ranch, It was located on US 70 or way out on Glenwood Avenue. It was torn down I think in the late 90's for a storage facility.
Yup! I remember going there with friends. there was one off capital too- not sure if it was owned by the same people or even a different skate ranch. not sure if its still there
* How about " I Play Games" video on Hillsborough St across from the bell tower? I used to kill an hour there playing Asteroids. I could take a quarter and play forever.
nope, dont remember that one, maybe before my time? ; )
* The original Griffins Restaurant located on Wake Forest Rd. It was in a small building with a appliance repair shop beside it. It would today be about where the BP station is located on Wake Forest Rd beside Hooters and the old Mexican Restaurant that's been closed forever! They had the best sausage biscuits ever made! I can still taste those things.
hmmm i want to say yes? i remember my step dad taking me to that mexican place for my birthday one year, though.
* This is an oldie for sure. How about the old Raleigh Rescue Mission that was located on Garner Rd.
nope, again before my time i think....
* Swains Charcoal Steakhouse that was located at the bottom of the hill before you reach 440 on New Bern Avenue past Wake Medical Center. In its later years it was turned into bar where people were getting killed so the city closed it down which was a good thing!
i remember the name, but not ever going there
* The old Hilton Underground on Hillsborough St. It was located in the basement of what is now called The Brownstone Hotel.
* THE UNDERGROUND in Cameron Village.
nope to that too and the other stuff on your list
I'm only just barely 33 you know LOL
what I DO remember....
north hills was...
1- out in the middle of no where
2- when north hills was a very sad little mall
3- being a working class neighborhood (i grew up on Dartmouth and worked at 'i cant believe its Yogurt' in the mall (and walked to and from work!) LOL
when the now closed krogers in cary on kildaire farm was new (remember opening day LOL)
when US1 was 2 lanes from raleigh up to (and past) henderson
the old leith dealership downtown
The Keg? on hillsboro (a topless bar and submitted by my hubby LOL)
Cary- used to be a sleepy little quiet town in no where land
Downtown Raleigh was not a destination unless you worked there
again DT raleigh- across from the old round holiday inn- we lived in a dojo owned by hubbys sister in the basement apartment behind some attorneys office. its now a restaurant and bar (funny, we used to talk about turning it INTO that! LOL)
The farmers market being on Capital Blvd
Millbrook, sanderson, and enloe being the primary high schools in raleigh
cary high being the only HS in cary
lots more im sure, if i sat down and really thought about it