Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2007, 06:02 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,641,789 times

Advertisements

My bf and I went to Carrboro last night to see Ten by Ten in the Triangle at The ArtsCenter. It was my first time visiting Carrboro since we moved here last year, and I had a great time. The plays were fun and well done, and we ate at Milltown across the street from The ArtsCenter and had delicious sandwiches there with some beer.

I guess I had heard different stereotypes of this town on this board and from other people, so I had a preconceived notion in my head what it would be like. My real-world impression is that it is a very eclectic area with what appeared to be many college students (which stands to reason), but also a good mix of all ages and types of people. I really liked the feel and vibrance of the area. We didn't get to roam around and explore as much as I would have liked, so we are definitely going to visit again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 07:48 AM

124 posts, read 504,264 times
Default From a real estate standpoint,

Is Carrboro cheaper than Chapel HIll or the same? And what is the housing stock like?

Old 07-20-2007, 08:51 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,084,943 times
Thanks for posting that! Carrboro is on our list--even though at this rate, Raleigh will most likely be just a vacation destination for us until son graduates HS. Job offer doesn't seem to be coming through fast enough and school starts in about 5 weeks.

Old 07-20-2007, 11:58 AM

2,270 posts, read 9,145,316 times
We love going to Carrboro! Our favorite regular event there is the bands at Weaver Street Market on Sundays April - October. You can buy brunch, throw out a blanket, and relax. I've heard the Thursday evening events are great too, but we never make it over there in time . A schedule is here: WSM - Our Events (broken link)

Old 07-22-2007, 10:43 PM

847 posts, read 3,521,883 times
Carrboro is not cheaper than Chapel Hill, and there are fewer houses available, so they sell fast. When we were renting in Carrboro, a teensy duplex nearby was sold before they put up the for-sale sign! And for unbelievably large $. There are some great neighborhoods, but you have to be ready to jump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary