U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-14-2011, 02:34 PM

4 posts, read 14,369 times

Advertisements

Hello All,
Appreciate if anyone can help me here. I was given traffic ticket based upon traffic ticket, it was written i was driving 57m/h on a 35 speed limit, i asked the cop if u had radar to prove that i was going on 57 and he said no, i am pretty much sure i was not going that speed i may be around 45. he said i should come to court and attend and i cannot just pay penalty.

Cop said since i have clean history and if i can come to court the offence will be reduced but i did not do anything wrong...how can i remove this ticket from my record, i did not get anyticket in NC state for the last 4 years.

Can someone please recommend me the best experienced attorney to deal withint wakecounty... also please advice me if this will any serious offence on insurance and my driving record?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 02:42 PM

2,107 posts, read 3,986,869 times
This gets hashed out in this forum almost weekly. Nine or less over the limit avoids insurance points but does not avoid license points. Insurance points drive three years of rate hikes in your premiums.
You can go to court and talk to the DA about your clean record. That usually works but 57MPH in a 35MPH zone is serious.
Or hire an attorney and have them deal with it.
I would go the attorney route.

Frank

Old 02-14-2011, 02:50 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,180,554 times
You should get a barrage of letters in the mail. I used Coolidge Law Firm (one of the letters I got) and was pleased. My insurance went up like crazy (got in a wreck that was my fault) but ticket was dismissed so no license points.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:56 PM

1,696 posts, read 2,284,292 times
karl knudsen. best attorney youll ever find.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:37 PM

thanks so much for follow_up...karl knudsen website says he delays with criminal law, an idea how mush it costs to hire an attorney and complete this traffic violation?...

I was not driving at speed 57, i was around 41 on a 35mph limit but i got a ticket saying i was driving 57..don't know why cop wrote this on citation.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:51 PM

229 posts, read 319,616 times
I had a similar incident recently, going 87 in a 70. I used Kissling Law, and all it took was one quick phone call and under $200 to have it reduced to 9 over. I drive slower now though.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:00 PM

20 posts, read 78,536 times
Ryan Short at Kurtz & Blum in Raleigh is experienced at handling speeding tickets.

My understanding from handling speeding tickets in Wake County is that you will not be able to get your ticket dismissed (unless you have a trial and win). The best outcome you can negotiate with the District Attorney is a reduction to 9 mph over the speed limit (as frankpc pointed out). Many people ask for a reduction to improper equipment, but my understanding is that the Wake County D.A. will not reduce a ticket to improper equipment unless you can actually prove that your speedometer was not working (calibration report from certified mechanic).

The District Attorney will not typically dismiss your ticket based on a belief that the cop did not use the radar gun, or that maybe the cop wrongfully charged you with speeding (unless the cop is willing to admit that he or she is unsure that you were speeding).

Because this question comes up so often, there are a ton of people who know a lot about speeding tickets in Raleigh. So feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you want because they will all get answered.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:15 PM

1,696 posts, read 2,284,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skris912 View Post
thanks so much for follow_up...karl knudsen website says he delays with criminal law, an idea how mush it costs to hire an attorney and complete this traffic violation?...

I was not driving at speed 57, i was around 41 on a 35mph limit but i got a ticket saying i was driving 57..don't know why cop wrote this on citation.
were family friends of his and have used him for traffic issues. i know he USED to specialize in criminal law, but thought he had moved away from it in recent years (lower stress LOL). give him a call, wont cost anything to ask., i think its probably a flat fee for most traffic issues.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:53 PM

thanks all for follow_up...i called most of the lawyers and all seems to be good but expensive
Suedonym...I did spoke to Karl...he kind said who refereed me to him i had u r userid name but he could not understand...what would i say u r name is so he can remember.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary