U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 09:58 PM

487 posts, read 501,433 times
Maybe so. However, that means that you'd be entirely dependent upon where you could find a job ... and how would you know where to look unless you'd already found an area you liked. It's not as if you could look everywhere, and it would be illogical to seek jobs where you didn't want to live.

If this was me, one of the main questions would be: where would I be happy?

Then, if I needed a job, I'd see if they had my type(s) of job, and then see if I could get hired.

In any case, I didn't get the idea that the OP is ready to pack up and move right away (nor that she isn't going to do that) ... so it's hard to guess beyond the information already provided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 12:54 AM

6 posts, read 2,952 times
Maybe industrial is not the right word. In North Raleigh I was looking at a home and then drove around and there was land that used to be a landfill and then an industrial plant was near. It seems in some areas a mechanical type structure is very close to residential. I'm not used to a business of that sort so close to homes.
Some is not being used to a certain style. I knew that NC overall would not be modern. It is a different style of living which does not make it bad but can take adjusting or may not be for everyone.
I will not need to find a job in NC so that is not an issue.
Thank you for those links. I am going to go look at the Ballantyne area today. I saw some homes in Huntersville which seemed nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary