Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 04:21 PM

709 posts, read 934,960 times

Advertisements

We were talking to some friends today who decided against moving there when they were walking around and noticed no decks. Just patios, small ones at that. We drove all around, man those upgrades cost a fortune!!

But no decks, no trees not pretty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2007, 04:27 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,282,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbywan View Post
We were talking to some friends today who decided against moving there when they were walking around and noticed no decks. Just patios, small ones at that. We drove all around, man those upgrades cost a fortune!!

But no decks, no trees not pretty.
Life is all about choices. Want a deck? There are plenty of developments with them out there. On that note, I want to know why my mailbox post isn't encrusted with diamonds and emeralds. Shame on the builder for not doing that! ....... what, did he expect me to pay for that? It thought it would be a free upgrade!

Choices ........

Old 07-22-2007, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Life is all about choices. Want a deck? There are plenty of developments with them out there. On that note, I want to know why my mailbox post isn't encrusted with diamonds and emeralds. Shame on the builder for not doing that! ....... what, did he expect me to pay for that? It thought it would be a free upgrade!

Choices ........

Come on you know what I mean, a deck finishes a home. These builders are showing very little respect for buyers.

Old 07-22-2007, 06:24 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,839,827 times
those are probably slab foundation houses. They typically come with patios.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:39 PM

115 posts, read 464,218 times
Not everyone wants a deck they have to stain every couple of years. And since most builders jack up the prices anyhow a non-structural upgrade is probably cheaper to do on your own. I'd rather put in a cobblestone or fieldstone patio anyways.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbgirl View Post
Not everyone wants a deck they have to stain every couple of years. And since most builders jack up the prices anyhow a non-structural upgrade is probably cheaper to do on your own. I'd rather put in a cobblestone or fieldstone patio anyways.

You are rationalizing here. KB homes made a decision not to build decks. Yep these babies are on slabs, easier to put a cheap pad of concrete. Ya get what ya pay for. Man those martha stewart homes are overpriced for what ya get.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:15 PM

153 posts, read 209,872 times
Well you know patios are worth more than decks if their made out of stone or slate.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:15 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,104,632 times
Builders don't usually put decks on slab foundation homes.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:41 PM

184 posts, read 802,054 times
I think there are many people in this world who would be thrilled to be able to just raise their family in a brand new home in a clean, safe area...although KB/Twin Lakes doesn't appeal to everyone, there is a market for what they offer.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:07 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post

Choices ........
Well I got one better for you! Seventeen years ago when we custom built our home, the builder wasn't even GIVING us mailboxes! We actually had to buy them and stick them in the ground, ourselves!!!

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary