Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 12:42 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usedtobe VaNC View Post
NRG, I am thinking that this "cupajoe" is not related to the original CupaJOe on Hillsborough (aka, my "office") and its second location in Mission Valley Sh. Cntr. The logo is not the same at all. From the FB page and pics, seems to be a different menu and VERY different vibe. As a big "Original Cup-a-Joe" fan.....I have to say, hmmmmm.....

I think you are right. I wonder how this works with two simialr businesses witht he same name? Hmmmmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 01:45 PM

814 posts, read 2,007,055 times
Well, the name is pretty descriptive, which is hard to register as a trademark. Not that the original cupajoe has tried to.

However, I just think if you are opening a coffeeshop in an area, you see what the competition is doing before you start (as a matter of course). In doing so, you would assume they would find CupaJoe...as it is one of the most longstanding shops in the region. THEN you think they wouldn't use the same name.

But, I guess either they didn't, or they didnt think it mattered, or didn't care.

If I was CupaJoe, I would be pissed, as is apparent from the responses above, there is confusion by the using of the name.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:09 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times
I might have to dig a little deeper into this. I might be over that way again soon (Hillsborough) and might stop in and ask in a friendly way to get to the bottom of this.

Out of curiosity, what type of coffee does the Cup A Joe in Raleigh serve? The one in Hillsborough serves Joe Van Gogh Coffee

Old 03-01-2011, 03:05 PM

381 posts, read 1,325,762 times
The pictures of the first one remind me of a place we really enjoyed on vacation last Summer when we when rafting on the Nantahala. It was in Bryson City and was called "Cork & Bean." It was a wine & coffee bar with some nice cakes, pies, and crepes.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:29 PM

6 posts, read 6,686 times
The Cup A Joe in the picture is a spin off of the original Cup A Joe in Raleigh off Hillsborough St. From what I understand the Hillsborough St. and Hillsborough, NC Cup A Joe owners were partners at one point when they opened the Hillsborough St. location. One owner left and opened his own store in Hills, NC (I believe he has since left the coffee business and sold this store to another owner). While the Hills St. Cup A Joe retains the original owner.

To answer the above posters question about where Cup A Joe in Raleigh get their coffee. They roast their own 7 days a week.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:34 PM

133 posts, read 589,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamer1212 View Post
Well, this thread really caught my eye because in the evening, I enjoy a cup of coffee and maybe a pastry over which I might linger for an hour, either solo or with friends. Cafe Benelux from all appearances seemed right in my wheelhouse: Moore Square is convenient, locally roasted beans, a variety of pastries. So after visiting their website via the posted link, I searched for the hours of operation and saw this:

Hours of Operation
Mon-Fri: 8am
Sat -Sun: 9am

Sooooo.....what time do they close?

I called to find out, and here's what she told me:

"Well it depends....sometimes it's usually 6. I mean we never close before 6 but sometimes it's 8. I mean it kinda depends on how busy we are and everything, y'know? But it's I mean if there's a meeting scheduled because sometimes people have meetings here, then it's usually around like 7 or 8 maybe 8 y'know?"

I'm not making this up.

So, like if you want some coffee or something like after 6 but not after 8 y'know, you can like probably get it at Cafe Benelux but if they have a meeting or like that, y'know, there's like maybe a chance that they might still be open. Or not.
Y'know?

Regards,
Streamer1212
LOL!!! This is too funny! Thanks for the laugh

Old 03-03-2011, 01:44 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,343,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocqu View Post
The Cup A Joe in the picture is a spin off of the original Cup A Joe in Raleigh off Hillsborough St. From what I understand the Hillsborough St. and Hillsborough, NC Cup A Joe owners were partners at one point when they opened the Hillsborough St. location. One owner left and opened his own store in Hills, NC (I believe he has since left the coffee business and sold this store to another owner). While the Hills St. Cup A Joe retains the original owner.

To answer the above posters question about where Cup A Joe in Raleigh get their coffee. They roast their own 7 days a week.
So the Hillsborough (town) location isn't a spin off of the Chapel Hill location? I think that one is about 17 years old and then started the one in Hillsborough, but now has new owners. Or did the Chapel Hill one spin off of Raleigh, then Hillsborough came along?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary