Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 08:47 PM

2 posts, read 5,884 times

Advertisements

Hello! I am just arriving in Raleigh and would like to find a place to buy good and affordable furniture. Any suggestion? Someone told me that there is a street with differente furniture stores. Is that right? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 08:54 PM

819 posts, read 1,453,051 times
They may have been referencing Glenwood Ave., there are quite a few stores there. There are a lot of options, depending on the quality you seek. I even went in a store at Crossroads in Cary (I think it was Furniture 123 - apparently they are the revamped 'Ashley' furniture stores in this region) that sold sets at pretty cheap prices. There are lots of people here on the forum that could probably give you better direction if you can specify a bit more what you're hoping to find...good luck!

Old 03-10-2011, 09:14 PM

398 posts, read 1,288,573 times
You are probably thinking of Glenwood Ave, which is lined up and down with furniture stores of various prices. There are a few affordable showrooms, just go on in and take a look. There is even a Rooms to Go, which is extremely affordable.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:11 PM

114 posts, read 245,960 times
Rolesville Furniture

Old 03-10-2011, 11:49 PM

34,935 posts, read 36,059,633 times
Drive to Charlotte and buy some from IKEA?

Old 03-11-2011, 06:06 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,041,614 times
RoomsToGo has terrible customer service (I experienced it, and others have shared their experiences on City-Data. It's not worth it.)

I would visit the furniture stores on Glenwood Avenue to check prices and see what they have.

Then:

Craigslist

Sam's Club for mattresses and sometimes they have leather furniture

Ikea in Charlotte (seriously) or just look for Ikea on Craiglist. I believe you can pay someone to go Charlotte, pick it up, and deliver it to you, too.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:34 AM

932 posts, read 3,088,780 times
Big Lots gets so descent name brand furniture that's inexpensive. They also have so that doesn't seem so great, so you have to look around.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:29 AM

76 posts, read 302,860 times
I checked out a LOT of places along Glenwood to find living room furniture. I have to say - I wasn't impressed... the value (quality vs. price) of the furniture isn't great - I thought all the prices were higher than they should have been. I've also been to various furniture stores in other areas of the Triangle.

I've been to Heavner Furniture in Smithfield - they are pretty cheap, but I'd say a lot of pieces are not of great quality. There is also one on Glenwood - but I don't think it's as big.

I've also lived in a place that was fully furnished with IKEA. IKEA is ok for a short period of time, but that sort of furniture doesn't last too long - it begins to show wear fairly early (saggy, wobbly, etc.)

Craigslist is great for wood furniture - or anything you can clean up yourself.

I actually just purchased some living room furniture (upholstered furniture) from a family store called Compton Furniture in Burlington, NC. It's about 45 mins to an hour NW of Raleigh. I was very pleased with the experience, furniture quality and price. As somebody who has looked pretty much EVERYWHERE - I thought this place was great.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:08 PM

61 posts, read 121,167 times
There are so many furniture stores. I ended up buying some furniture at Home Comfort (they have a couple of locations...one on Glenwood and one on Capital). The sales people are nice and laid back. No hard sells. The prices are reasonable. Ended up with a couch, love seat and coffee table.
I bought some great furniture from ads on Craigslist...tables and chairs (real wood).

Old 03-12-2011, 07:19 PM

143 posts, read 362,380 times
Rolesville Furniture is having a sale - their prices are generally very good and they have a decent sale on all and Ashley furniture right now. Local business, not some chain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary