Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2007, 02:17 AM

56 posts, read 403,351 times

Advertisements

Hi, everyone. I taken a couple trips up to Raleigh and simply can't afford to keep taking day or weekend trips up there. The commercial space I am leasing out is in North Raleigh, so it would be great to be near there. Plus, we have to have 2 bedroom areas (one can be made from an inclosed den/office room or loft area) for as close to $800 after specials price helps out a great deal. While I have found some rentals that fit in that description, I am needing help with knowing which ones to avoid and which tiny sections of roads to avoid (i.e. which exact areas on Capital).

Which rentals would you avoid and way?

Any rentals you highly recommend?

Any family friendly rentals, that you recommend?

Any family friendly rentals that you would avoid like the flu?

Do you know of any that allow washing and drying late at night? I enjoy washing our clothes right before we go to sleep an then just putting in that load in the dryer as I head to take my bath/shower.

Appreciatively,
mshs2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 04:52 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,709,846 times
Hello
We live at Windemere Apts. and we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! It is close to shopping Leadmine Rd at Glenbrook/Millbrook) but off the beaten path and mixed in with residential; we're minutes from Shelly Park/Umstead where you can enjoy the big beautiful area with your family.
We have a 2 bedroom/2 bath/indoor washer/dryer - $745 a month.
Feel free to PM if you want more information.
Donna

Old 07-26-2007, 05:30 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,965,303 times
Any apartment runned by Komen communities I would AVOID. For so many reasons!
Try this:

Apartment Ratings - Apartments for Rent with Ratings and Reviews from Actual Renters

Old 07-26-2007, 07:13 AM

310 posts, read 1,711,725 times
I am renting in Cambridge apartments. It is off Six Forks Rd. one mile away from Millbrook Rd. I think it is a 7 or 8 years old, which is a big plus. 1100 sqf. 2 beds, 2 1/2 path, vaulted cieling, fireplace for 760$ a month. I believe it is very well insulated as our utility bills are very low. It is close to shopping and 2 blocks away from Shelley park. It has a pool and a workout room. I have never had any problem finding a parking spot. The management is very friendly, and I don't have a single complaint.

One suggestion: If you are going to rent in Cambridge or any other apartments on Six Forks Rd, stay away from the apartments which look directly at the road. Six Forks is a very busy road, and we can hear the traffic constantly

Old 07-26-2007, 07:28 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,083,976 times
Stay away from:

1. Anything in Mini-City - Fairway, Groves, Tapers, North Timbers
2. Anything on Calvary Dr. - trestles
3. Remington on the Green
4. Tree Top
5. Montecito WEST - Montecito (next door) is good and very economical
6. Hunting Ridge

I recommend Northridge Crossings (on third lease there now) near Capital & Old Wake Forest Rd - family friendly.

Sort in apartmentratings.com by highest rating

Last edited by saturnfan; 07-26-2007 at 08:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary