Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 02:36 PM

211 posts, read 613,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgroesse View Post
They are out of Morrisville. I highly recommend them. They did quality work and the grass is already starting to green up.
How much does 3,500 sqft. run, if you don't mind me asking? I assume it wasn't seed, so was it sprigs or sod?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 10:56 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,433,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongasabear View Post
Thanks. So what should I look for...what is the non common Bermuda called?
Oh boy. Lots of worms coming out of that can!! You have many choices.

Here is what someone on here planted last year I believe.

• Blackjack seed under the Scotts label from Home Depot. When buying Scotts brand, flip the bag over and see what type it is. It can be one of a dozen varieties. Blackjack is deeper green and cold tolerant.
  • Sahara seed at Walmart.
  • Sonoma seed under the Scotts label from Home Depot. When buying Scotts brand, flip the bag over and see what type it is. It can be one of a dozen varieties.

Here are some pics they sent:

Looks pretty good for the hybrid-ish common seeded, I went with a little bit more tweaked version called La Prima from here:

LaPrima bermuda grass seed for lawns.

We'll see how it looks in a couple months. The reason for not buying the above seed was HD and Walmart didn't have their warm season seed out yet and I didn't want to see what kind they had this year (if they didn't offer those same seeds this year...) and typically the hybrid-ish seeded versions online sell out quickly in the spring. So I didn't want to be up a creek without a paddle so to speak.
Attached Thumbnails
Converting to warm season grass-who to use?-1.jpg   Converting to warm season grass-who to use?-2.jpg   Converting to warm season grass-who to use?-3.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary