Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 02:02 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,403,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippi76 View Post
Hey Boise to spokane,

I'm from San Francisco area and have been in Raleigh for over 3 years now and really like it.

Cockroaches- yes, you will see maybe 1 a month? With an exterminator doing barrier spray probably less.

Mosquitoes- yes, they suck. With mosquito barrier spray in your backyard is vastly improved. Bug spray if you really want to go hiking but it's quite warm in July August so probably not much of that anyway.

Humidity- it's really not as bad as some say. Miami and Atlanta definitely worse. It's hottest where it is hard to do outdoorsy stuff really from late June till about early September. Plenty of nice days in May, even June and late September and most of October.

West nile- never heard of any cases here.
West Nile virus does occur here Also Raleigh’s humidity is equivalent and actually slighly more so than Atlanta in the summer when looking at dew point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 02:50 PM

376 posts, read 653,112 times
I don't think anyone has gotten West Nile in Raleigh specifically- but yes I do see 25 cases of West Nile from 2012 to 2017 with 7 deaths. https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/lo.../275-575935463

Maybe Atlanta felt worse because I was only in the downtown concrete jungle. I'd say summer maybe ends a week earlier and starts a week later here vs. Atlanta just because we're a little further north.

Old 01-10-2019, 05:44 AM

2,843 posts, read 2,973,786 times
Pros I can find a job
Pros all right events and places to eat

Cons too many new Yorkers and people from Cali
Little green space
People cramming into sprawling developments on country road
Main artery becoming parking lot in prime hours
Harder to get down town (pay forparking)
I'm from NC but if you wear adult clothes (office attire) summer sucks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary