U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-27-2011, 12:37 PM

3 posts, read 3,697 times
Default Moving Family & Carpet Cleaning Business

Hello everyone

We're hoping to come and make a home soon from Ohio/Tennessee (we've moved from Ohio to Tennessee 2 years ago) to the Raleigh area. I have a couple of questions and wondered if anyone would be willing to help out. I know these questions have been asked and answered but if you'd be so kind to take a minute and help out I'd be so grateful

We're moving our businesses. We own a carpet cleaing business. We do carpet cleaning, grout/tile, air ducts, pressure washing etc. Is this a business that is well covered in the Raleigh area? Relocating is scary enough without the added pressure of moving your business. This is our main source of income so you can see why I'm nervous about it. Any suggestions/recommendations?

We like living rural. Meaning corn fields in Ohio; woods in Tennessee. I'm wondered where would be considered the most rural-ish (not sure that's a word ) I'm very much a green person and need greenery around me. Any suggestions on what neighborhoods we should be looking at?

I'm looking for a good campground or RV park to stay at for a while. We have a 40 foot Class A Motorhome that we plan on staying in until we get the lay of the land . We plan on renting a house at first and buying within the next year. Any suggestions on a nice place to camp for awhile?

Schools (4 kids ages 15-8) is there a specific school district I should aim for?

I've read every post about the area and my head is just swimming Any suggestions or advise offered would be very much appreciated We looked out west but decided our hearts are in the south

Thanks, Stephanie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 09:44 PM

6,056 posts, read 8,557,449 times
I think businesses such as yours are numerous here. Due to the downturn, I don't think they are as busy as they once were.

There aren't any decent long-term RV parks around here. Really! It's surprising. At least I couldn't find anything last time I looked for a friend.

You can park sometimes at the fairgrounds -- all cement, and I don't think they have showers or anything. Usually people who park there are participating in events at the fairgrounds.

There are some campgrounds in parks, and they are also short-term.

The Triangle is a "leafy" place, but because it's boomed, what was once considered rural is now quite populated. You might look at Youngsville or out near Zebulon. But then you have to travel to your clients -- if you can find any. And gas isn't getting any cheaper. Doesn't seem to be a wise move.

If you are making money now with your businesses, if I were you, I'd stick with it.

Sorry I couldn't be more encouraging.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:14 AM

789 posts, read 1,671,392 times
I agree with lovebrentwood for all her explanations. Moving your main source of income here that is pretty well covered to uproot your family doesn't seem to smart.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:25 PM

8,262 posts, read 14,731,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HutchSM View Post
Hello everyone

We're hoping to come and make a home soon from Ohio/Tennessee (we've moved from Ohio to Tennessee 2 years ago) to the Raleigh area. I have a couple of questions and wondered if anyone would be willing to help out. I know these questions have been asked and answered but if you'd be so kind to take a minute and help out I'd be so grateful

We're moving our businesses. We own a carpet cleaing business. We do carpet cleaning, grout/tile, air ducts, pressure washing etc. Is this a business that is well covered in the Raleigh area? Relocating is scary enough without the added pressure of moving your business. This is our main source of income so you can see why I'm nervous about it. Any suggestions/recommendations?

We like living rural. Meaning corn fields in Ohio; woods in Tennessee. I'm wondered where would be considered the most rural-ish (not sure that's a word ) I'm very much a green person and need greenery around me. Any suggestions on what neighborhoods we should be looking at?

I'm looking for a good campground or RV park to stay at for a while. We have a 40 foot Class A Motorhome that we plan on staying in until we get the lay of the land . We plan on renting a house at first and buying within the next year. Any suggestions on a nice place to camp for awhile?

Schools (4 kids ages 15-8) is there a specific school district I should aim for?

I've read every post about the area and my head is just swimming Any suggestions or advise offered would be very much appreciated We looked out west but decided our hearts are in the south

Thanks, Stephanie
Carpet cleaners and power washers abound here. Constant flood of ads for bargain cleaning. We even have a no chemical cleaner (Zerorez).

Unless you have something unusual to offer, stay where you are making good money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary