Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 08:58 PM

5 posts, read 8,771 times

Advertisements

Hi I am new to the area and cannot find a good froyo place around.
If I cannot find one thinking strongly on opening one in either the Chapel Hill or Raleigh area.
Any thoughts anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 09:05 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxi1124 View Post
Hi I am new to the area and cannot find a good froyo place around.
If I cannot find one thinking strongly on opening one in either the Chapel Hill or Raleigh area.
Any thoughts anyone?
There are a bunch in Raleigh already. I wouldn't open one. The market is already saturated. Are you really having difficulty finding one?

Old 03-30-2011, 09:07 PM

Are there any you can suggest?

Old 03-30-2011, 09:14 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxi1124 View Post
Are there any you can suggest?
I'm not a fan of frozen yogurt, but I've heard people recommend Skinny Dips, Yogurt Mountain, and Sweet Spoons. All in Raleigh.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:13 AM

821 posts, read 1,462,556 times
Marmalade Skies, off of Walnut St/US1/64 in Cary - behind the Lowe's. Local shop, self-serve, great owners! The others are good, as well, but I like Marmalade the most since it's a one-shop operation.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:11 AM

28 posts, read 62,122 times
I've been the "The Skinny Dip" in Cary, only one I have been to but was pretty good and not too expensive.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:16 AM

131 posts, read 726,082 times
Yep, the market is definitely saturated, IMO. A new Sweet Spoons is now opening in Apex. You can also find yogurt places in Cary, North Raleigh, Raleigh. Seems like it's the current fad that will probably be over in a few years. These things seem to come in waves. Not sure about Chapel Hill, but I would guess that there's already one there, too.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:20 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,644,217 times
There is one on Hillsborough St (Freshberry) and one in Five Points (FRESH) in Raleigh and a new one is supposed to be going into a retail space at 222 Glenwood as well (Tutti Frutti). Not sure of the names of either of them.

I don't necessarily think the Triangle is saturated yet, but I also don't think the frozen yogurt craze has hit here yet, either. The college town where my sister lives in FL has self-serve fro-yo shops on just about every corner and they all do really well (with a smaller population).

I have no idea what the format is for any of the local shops here. If you have a unique concept that isn't represented in this area, it might do well. For example, the one I went to with my sister in FL is called Mochi, and it had a very unique modern Japanese feel to it that I don't think is represented in this area. I really liked it, but I haven't tried the local shops here yet to compare with.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:53 AM

814 posts, read 2,007,055 times
We love, love Yogun Fruz in North Hills. Their Key Lime PIe is to die for. Went to Freshberry this week on Hillsboro street....yuck. Not so great. The college kids seem to like it cause you can pile cookies and cereal on the top (pay by weight), but the yogurt itself is thin and chemically tasting. My kids wouldn't finish it, while they beg to go to Yogun Fruz.

NRG, I thought Fresh was Maple View Ice cream...like the one on Glenwood past Crabtree.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:25 AM

I agree not sure if the fro yo craze has really caught on here. I am not a fan of the tart tasting fray but willing to try it again at Yogun Fruz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary