U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 09:29 AM

316 posts, read 1,331,939 times

Advertisements

You can read about my time warner frustrations here:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...-problems.html

And now I'm having the same problems again. I'm going to try unplugging the modem but usually its only a temporary fix-IF it even works. I just started an online class so I need a dependable internet connection. I was looking into At&t uverse(i'm not sure if thats what their internet is called, so sorry if it isn't). How is the AT&T high speed internet service vs time warner cable? Good or bad? It looks like its only $14.95 a month for a year and thats a great price to me!

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by hkrn44; 03-31-2011 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: error
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 09:42 AM

9,198 posts, read 22,275,961 times
Is anyone 100% reliable for all customers? What's important, of course, is what works in your house. You'll probably find as many people who have good experiences as have bad with any given provider. (My TWC internet service, for example, has for the most part always been rock solid despite problems with other TWC services.) I guess if TWC isn't working for you, it's worth a shot to try someone else, but I'd base your decision on your own personal sitauation rather than others' experiences.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:42 AM

268 posts, read 980,699 times
In my experience (+/- 10 years), the phone company's dsl has been very dependable. If u-verse was available where I live, I would use that.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:08 AM

86 posts, read 297,864 times
I have had TWC internet, HDTV with DVRs, HBO, Showtime and phone package for several years. 2 years ago I signed a 2 year contract so that my rate would not increase and now it's expiring. Overall the quality has been OK but I've notice the internet speed has been lagging for a while. Customer service is horrible but lucky for us we've only had to call them a few time over the years.

I'm thinking of switching to U-Verse so I would love to hear how people like it now that it has been around for a while.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:36 PM

1,169 posts, read 2,152,336 times
u-verse is great except for the fact that they are going to start putting data caps on the connection soon.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:02 PM

316 posts, read 1,331,939 times
Geez no need to get an attitude. I was just asking for opinions. Thanks everyone for your help though.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:52 PM

96 posts, read 220,478 times
I currently have Uverse, had TWC in the past. Both worked fine for me. My problems with TWC were with the tv. I am concerned with the uverse usage caps though. May be switching back for internet.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:00 AM

75 posts, read 236,053 times
I had TWC a year ago, then moved to Uverse. Uverse blows TWC it away, in my experience. However, as of recently TWC is adding more and more features (Wideband cable internet, ESPN3, etc.). You can get faster internet speeds (higher cost packages though) with TWC and the HD picture quality is better. It also seems you AT&T UVerse experience will be determined by how far your house/apt is from the VRAD. I've never had a problem with TWC internet since when I had them in multiple locations in 4 years. Their digital cable is another story. Uverse has been rock solid for me as well.

I like Uverse's IPTV implementation from a technology standpoint as well and don't see myself switching anytime soon, despite the data caps, unless TWC can offer more.

I'd say test drive both and see which one works out better for you where you live.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:59 PM
jhk

104 posts, read 229,798 times
get to call and negotiate tomorrow. Dont have cable and they want to charge me $91 for internet and phone! We want to add cable. They called my wife tonight and offered $134.95 for tv, cable and phone. Wife told them she could do better with uverse or magicjack etc and they said fax them the promotion and they will match it. Problem is, we havent shopped it yet! When you guys are getting the quote for TV, what channels are you talking about. I know there are a few channel packages like the sports package etc. Were you all quoted for all channels? We dont have uverse in our area so thats not available, and I dont want dish, so it looks like im stuck with TWC and just want to figure out the best deal. Thanks

Old 08-11-2011, 07:49 PM

30 posts, read 163,349 times
I had uverse for a year and it never went out.

I just moved and now have TWC (Uverse is not at my new house), it goes out 4-5 times a day for few seconds...I hate monopolies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary