Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 09:22 AM

6 posts, read 13,358 times

Advertisements

So we have narrowed down our search to those three areas outside of Charlotte. Can anyone way in on the positive and negative points of each area? Specifically schools, crime, traffic, taxes/home prices and entertainment.

Thank you so much. You have all been a wealth of information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2006, 10:49 AM

2,290 posts, read 2,469,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nremondelli View Post
So we have narrowed down our search to those three areas outside of Charlotte. Can anyone way in on the positive and negative points of each area? Specifically schools, crime, traffic, taxes/home prices and entertainment.

Thank you so much. You have all been a wealth of information.
I'd say Mooresville because better schools and cheaper property tax. Also put Davidson in there it's all the same area, but make sure it's on the Cabarrus county side good schools cheaper property tax.

Traffic is gonna be the same in all those areas. As far as entertainment you are still close to the Lake in all those communities and to BIRKDALE whether you live in Huntersville or not. Good luck with your descision

Old 08-27-2006, 05:53 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,832,039 times
To me my personal thoughts are they are just about the same. In Mooresville you will get cheaper taxes and then the common arguement about the schools being better in Mooresville.

As for traffice you are going to have about a 15min longer commute either way, assuming there is not a wreck on I-77. There is now way to go the back roads as everyone else will also take these roads.

If you go to Mooresville i would try my best to stay away from Brawley Road, this is a two lane road that is a Pennisula. One way in/out and man the traffic is horrible.

Huntersville/Cornelius/Davidson while some do not like the schools I being biased as I was raised in this area is great. You are in Meck county which means higher taxes from Mooersville. Depending where you are located now taxes may seem way cheaper anywho.

Concord Cabarrus county is also nice, cheaper taxes from Meck. A couple of options during rush hour. Schools are supposed to be better. Harrisburg is a nice and upcoming area.

If there is anything else I can do please let me know,

I hope you enjoy the area...

Old 08-27-2006, 06:24 PM

35 posts, read 237,483 times
Talking Charlotte Agent some assistance please.

I am looking into the Lake Norman area. My wife and I are going to be opening a chiropractic practice after we graduate this coming February. We are looking for a busy area to open a practice, but a more calm and quiet place to live. Any suggestions would be great. I was thinking Huntersville to work, Mooresville to live, but like I said, I would love your opinion.

Old 08-27-2006, 06:53 PM

336 posts, read 512,823 times
If Chiropractic service is often an out of pocket expense for people rather than insurance covered I would recommend having your practice in Cornelius somewhere between I-77 and Lake Norman. It is a busy area that probably has the most money floating around out of the 3 places listed. Everybody living on the peninsula would drive past daily.

Old 08-27-2006, 07:01 PM

35 posts, read 237,483 times
Default T.s.

Thanks for the info T.S.

Old 10-06-2006, 02:08 PM

13 posts, read 58,175 times
What is the school situation as far as having to change schools alot and year round schools? I have three girls and do not want them on different scheduals or having to change schools again after moving across the country and just making friends.

Any info would be great!

Lorrie.

Old 10-06-2006, 02:42 PM

872 posts, read 3,584,124 times
Biggest drawback of Huntersville is CMS schools. If Huntersville had its own School System it would be a great city. CMS is just so corupt... Go for Mooresville. pm me if you want more info on Mooresville.

Old 10-06-2006, 02:53 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,676,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain_time_Blues View Post
Biggest drawback of Huntersville is CMS schools. If Huntersville had its own School System it would be a great city. CMS is just so corupt... Go for Mooresville. pm me if you want more info on Mooresville.

Did you really mean to use the word "corrupt" to describe the school system?

I'm no fan of the school board, but I would never call them "corrupt". In fact, I've not heard any reports of corruption involving the school system or the board. You know, part of the real problem with the school system is that so many new people have moved here in such a relatively short amount of time that the schools just can't keep up. We are building and building new schools constantly and still we need more because of all the growth. Are there bad schools in Charlotte/Mecklenburg - YES. Are there good schools in Charlotte - again YES. Do your homework and you can find a good public or charter school for your child - then... be sure to get involved as a volunteer there. In the end our community will prosper or decline depending on our educational system. New business doesn't want to relocate or build where schools are a problem. So I challenge everyone here with school age kids, make the commitment to improving your child's school, and maybe helping out another less fortunate one if your child's school is very blessed with a lot of volunteers. But don't go on public forums like this and bad mouth a situation with allegations that you exaggerate.

Old 10-06-2006, 04:04 PM

1,417 posts, read 6,905,622 times
I'd also vote for Mooresville for the same reasons the others have listed. The Mecklinburg County school system is just too big to manage properly (125,000kids and growing rapidly).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary