Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 07:23 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,073,365 times

Advertisements

I did a quick search here and didn't really find anything. We have a 2 year old GE side by side fridge that has what is apparently a common GE problem--something that regulates the temp has broken (I guess), since the freezer will totally thaw then freeze up then thaw. It leaves our ice as a huge single clump in the icemaker, and the rest of the freezer is a mess. We need a reliable repair person to come out and fix the darn thing and knows about this issue.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 07:38 AM

43,013 posts, read 76,500,303 times
I have called these folks, and would not hesitate to do so again:

Appliance Repair | Cary | Raleigh | Apex North Carolina

To clarify, no personal experience, as I canceled out. We determined the appliance was under warranty and had the Mfr. repair it.
I wouldn't hesitate to call them again, though. I was pleased with the interaction.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:02 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,848,820 times
Thankfully I've not had to have too many appliances repaired, but when I'm stumped for who to call I've usually turned to Sears. They seem to cover most brands, are reasonably easy to schedule, and my experiences with them have been decent.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:42 AM

76 posts, read 302,860 times
I bought a reconditioned washer and dryer from a guy a couple years ago... he buys old appliances and fixes them up - I believe he does all kinds of appliance repairs too. I found him on Craigslist. Anyway, I bought my washer and dryer for a good price from him almost 3 years ago and they work great. If I recall correctly I think he is in Clayton, but he came up to Raleigh to deliver my washer/dryer.

His name is Chris Huff: 919-255-2650

Go here raleigh / durham / CH appliances classifieds - craigslist and search his name - a few listings will come up if you need further details. Looks like he has an ad for appliance repairs.

Other suggestion to find appliance repair in your area is to just look on Craigslist.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:04 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,118,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I have called these folks, and would not hesitate to do so again:

Appliance Repair | Cary | Raleigh | Apex North Carolina

To clarify, no personal experience, as I canceled out. We determined the appliance was under warranty and had the Mfr. repair it.
I wouldn't hesitate to call them again, though. I was pleased with the interaction.
I have used these folks to repair a refrigerator, and they did a good job and were very reasonably priced.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:05 AM

18 posts, read 42,934 times
Default Repair person

We just had the same problem! So I feel your pain. Actually just fixed ours last week as well! He was referred to us. His name is Bob Gurkin 919 821 4898. Give him a call and he will be right out to ya! Good luck!

Old 04-13-2011, 04:32 AM

248 posts, read 752,051 times
GE CARES Call the factory guys

Old 05-11-2011, 11:43 AM

8 posts, read 16,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nykerinnc View Post
We just had the same problem! So I feel your pain. Actually just fixed ours last week as well! He was referred to us. His name is Bob Gurkin 919 821 4898. Give him a call and he will be right out to ya! Good luck!

My dishwasher went out yesterday, I called this guy and he showed up and fixed the problem. I will definitely call him again.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:52 AM

273 posts, read 908,614 times
We've had the same problem! I would call a GE authorized crew; part of this problem may be covered by a factory warranty / recall item.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:14 PM
jhk

108 posts, read 255,327 times
we are having a problem with our fridge not cooling. the freezer still works fine but the fridge wont cool enough. cooling some but not like it was. any recs? its a kenmore. will try one of the above people unless anyone has other suggestions on who to call. thanks in advance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary