Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 02:15 PM

560 posts, read 2,849,541 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

I would love to make everyone in the Triangle aware of my wife's business and am always thinking that this would be the best place to do so, but I can't.

I agree with this rule and could imagine how annoying people would become if were not enforced.

My question is where can I find great places to advertise. In other words, when you are not on this website, where are you hanging out looking for things? Are there some great sites we should be advertising on.

I really appreciate everyone's help on this!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2007, 02:23 PM

99 posts, read 216,507 times
It depends on your wife's business. Personally, I used to have a cupcake business and I would go to sites that would have my target clientele such as Mommies groups, wedding/party pages (like theknot, etc). Just rack your brain for who your target audience is and find out where they hang out. Even sites like craigslist can be useful depending on the business type/services offered.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:27 PM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Craigslist, kijiji, backpage are three free advertising sites.

You can register your business on City-Data main page, and it shows up in rotation on that page.
City-Data does a good job of getting picked up by Google, too.

Your wife needs to be blogging on her website, pure and simple.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:35 PM

Thanks to you both, keep the suggestions coming

Old 07-30-2007, 05:09 PM

12 posts, read 58,098 times
You can advertise on 4042.com...It's HERE! The home page for Johnston County, NC.. - They have an advertising section.

Old 07-30-2007, 06:34 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
I understand that City-Data has a classified advertising section. Post it there for free. It can't hurt.

Old 07-30-2007, 08:44 PM

260 posts, read 1,191,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmeca11 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I would love to make everyone in the Triangle aware of my wife's business and am always thinking that this would be the best place to do so, but I can't.

I agree with this rule and could imagine how annoying people would become if were not enforced.

My question is where can I find great places to advertise. In other words, when you are not on this website, where are you hanging out looking for things? Are there some great sites we should be advertising on.

I really appreciate everyone's help on this!!

Flyers in the local supermarkets, chamber of commerce? not sure if you have to be registered w/them.

I'm knew to the area and always looking for Independtly owned stores/Rest

Old 07-30-2007, 09:49 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
Google is your friend in more ways than one.

If someone Googles "(town) homemake cupcakes" and you're online and getting stuff about your business crawled into Google then it's likely the people who you want to have reading.

Advertising on the Internet is not necessarily that hard or expensive. You don't need a 30-second spot during halftime of the Super Bowl. You just need to reach the local grassroots. Follow through with good service (whatever it is) and things go from there.

4042.com's a good resource for NW Johnston County and the vicinity. It's almost like a localized Craigslist.

Old 07-31-2007, 06:38 AM

Thanks everyone, the people on this forum never cease to amaze me with their passion for helping folks out!!

I am a web designer on the side when I am not being an Electrical Engineer and created my wife's web site so I am pretty Internet savvy, but had no idea about 4042 and kijiji, thanks again!

Old 07-31-2007, 12:57 PM

Another question:

When people in the Triangle search for stuff using Google or whatever what do they type? For example, lets say you were looking for a landscape company to mow your lawn and you lived in Raleigh. . .would you type:

Raleigh landscaper
triangle landscaper
triangle area landscaper

I am unsure of what the common search keywords would be, do people use triangle, triangle area, or the specific city in the Triangle.

Thanks for your help on this!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary