U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-31-2007, 03:19 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,553,164 times
It sounds to me like the Sales Associate you were working with was making promises they couldn't keep. As someone posted earlier, that may be why they are no longer with the company. Honestly, they probably didn't have any authority anyway. If you truly are still interested in the home, the best thing you could do is submit an actual offer on a signed contract. Anything up until that point is simply talk anyway.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 03:27 PM

5,527 posts, read 5,732,947 times
If the person you were working with is not there anymore and the Regional Manager is in charge then you are going to be dealing with the Regional Manager and I would say that there is a 85% chance that your file is flagged for them to not compromise with you. If it were me, I would just look somewhere else.......or find out where that person went and see if they are selling anyting you like.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:17 PM

161 posts, read 406,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE1000 View Post
As I mentioned before that everyone was so professional except for the one incident with regional manager. The house is in a great location 3 miles away from my work. All other new development within 1 mile radius are starting at 150K more than this subdivision. It is a small subdivision, 25 homes, which I like. It is in West Millbrook Rd. and not many new homes are available there.
I can understand why you would have your heart set on this particular home, but like I said before, you really need to think with your head and not your emotions. There is too much at stake to let your emotions rule.

Regardless of why they reneged on any promises, the point is that they did. If the sales person overpromised, and the regional manager won't compromise BEFORE you have put money on the table, what do you suppose they will be like to deal with once they already have your money and you become their prisoner.

The professionalism of the staff means zero if they overpromise, underdeliver, and won't compromise! In fact, if I were you, I would seriously question their professionalism, because the circumstances you described do not sound professional at all!

At the very least, if you are bound and determined to go through with this, follow the advice given earlier and get yourself a buyer's agent to represent you!

Old 08-01-2007, 09:36 AM

8,256 posts, read 14,715,304 times
Agree fully.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:56 AM

10,190 posts, read 16,511,684 times
Bring on the negative points!

Nice photo of all of you! I had planned to stop in with my clients from Boston; however, we were having such fun being lost that we lost track of time and realized that all of a sudden it was 7:30PM! Looks like you all had fun.

The reason I bring this up is that John, I saw your photo. You don't seem to me to be a dummy and yet, you REFUSE to have a buyer's agent representing you.

I anticipate you will have problems with buying in any neighborhood because in most neighborhoods, the person working for the builder is a SALES ASSOCIATE not a RE Agent and they can tell you whatever it is they think you want to hear! So, yes, they can promise you the moon and the builder does not have to agree.

You have nothing on paper? Then you have NOTHING.

Even an offer must be on paper.

They consider you someone who is "looking" but not really a good buyer. No buyer's agent and everything verbal? Good luck.

Vicki

Old 08-01-2007, 12:25 PM

279 posts, read 733,624 times
was biting my tongue! well said

Old 08-01-2007, 12:28 PM

8,256 posts, read 14,715,304 times
I betcha Vicki wouldn't have let her client get mucked around like that.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:59 PM

310 posts, read 1,136,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Bring on the negative points!

Nice photo of all of you! I had planned to stop in with my clients from Boston; however, we were having such fun being lost that we lost track of time and realized that all of a sudden it was 7:30PM! Looks like you all had fun.

The reason I bring this up is that John, I saw your photo. You don't seem to me to be a dummy and yet, you REFUSE to have a buyer's agent representing you.

I anticipate you will have problems with buying in any neighborhood because in most neighborhoods, the person working for the builder is a SALES ASSOCIATE not a RE Agent and they can tell you whatever it is they think you want to hear! So, yes, they can promise you the moon and the builder does not have to agree.

You have nothing on paper? Then you have NOTHING.

Even an offer must be on paper.

They consider you someone who is "looking" but not really a good buyer. No buyer's agent and everything verbal? Good luck.

Vicki
You suggesting that I hire someone like you to reap 15K for few hours of work?!
How much will charge me per hour? I will hire you.

Before you jump on any conclusion. The reason that we didn't sign any papers is because my attorney advised me to have few addendums. Some of them are none negotiable for me. The associate had to send my addendums to the company attorney to review them.

I don't think the associate was promising me the earth and sky. Why would he do that? He spent many hours with me, and we met over 8 times. The reason this guy is left is unknown to me and unknown to you. So, don't jump to a conclusion based on no facts.

Whether I have an agent or not, I don't think the agent would be able to do anything. You are not a magician….are you

Old 08-01-2007, 01:05 PM

310 posts, read 1,136,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
You don't seem to me to be a dummy

You damn right. I write software to protect this country from Bioterrorism attacks.

What do you do for living again!

Old 08-01-2007, 01:11 PM

279 posts, read 733,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE1000 View Post
You suggesting that I hire someone like you to reap 15K for few hours of work?!
How much will charge me per hour? I will hire you.

Before you jump on any conclusion. The reason that we didn't sign any papers is because my attorney advised me to have few addendums. Some of them are none negotiable for me. The associate had to send my addendums to the company attorney to review them.

I don't think the associate was promising me the earth and sky. Why would he do that? He spent many hours with me, and we met over 8 times. The reason this guy is left is unknown to me and unknown to you. So, don't jump to a conclusion based on no facts.

Whether I have an agent or not, I don't think the agent would be able to do anything. You are not a magician….are you

WOW! You obviously have had to had a bad experience to think a REALTOR would REAP 15K from you. Take a few deep breaths and repeat...this is a message board...this is a message board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary