Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 06:22 AM

1,007 posts, read 5,655,340 times

Advertisements

I had dinner at this restaurant the other day. Name is "GReat"- a fusion grill restaurant. It's somewhat like a buffet of Raw vegetables & Meat. You take what you choose to the cook who then prepares it and brings it to you. This was new to me..although I hear some say it is similar to Mongolian Grill (which I never have eaten there).

If interested it is at the shopping center of at Maynard/Harrison. 10.99 unlimited trips. Lunch is less expensive I believe. I thought is was pretty good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 10:09 AM

1,357 posts, read 4,021,005 times
Wow, I really expected from the description that it would cost more than that! Sounds kind of odd... but appealing at the same time! Might have to try!

Old 04-24-2011, 10:16 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 20 days ago)

43,174 posts, read 76,806,016 times
Thanks Jane!
We'll give it a go.

I often end up with a pretty odd bowl combo at the Mongolian Grill.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:22 AM

2,932 posts, read 7,810,259 times
Mmm I'll have to go there!

Old 04-25-2011, 07:25 AM

257 posts, read 711,911 times
The concept does sound pretty much like a Mongolian BBQ place. I'm rarely in Cary, so I may not have the chance to try it anytime soon.

That said, if anybody wants a really good Mongolian BBQ place in Raleigh, check out Bali Hai. Bit of a hole-in-the-wall place on Wake Forest Rd, but don't let that stop you. Crazyfire is another Mongolian BBQ place and has better ambiance and a somewhat bigger food variety, but I'll take the taste at Bali any day.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:49 AM

804 posts, read 2,000,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhwilkin View Post
The concept does sound pretty much like a Mongolian BBQ place. I'm rarely in Cary, so I may not have the chance to try it anytime soon.

That said, if anybody wants a really good Mongolian BBQ place in Raleigh, check out Bali Hai. Bit of a hole-in-the-wall place on Wake Forest Rd, but don't let that stop you. Crazyfire is another Mongolian BBQ place and has better ambiance and a somewhat bigger food variety, but I'll take the taste at Bali any day.
mmmmmmm, bali hai. combo #7 spice, please! i actually like bali hai better for the taste & value. i try not to think about any safety ratings.

crazyfire works in a pinch but we went there for dinner one night recently, the first time we'd been since they remodeled & made it larger. it was grosser to me -- raw meat juices slopped around, a couple of items mislabled, & they mixed items by taking my bowl & mixing it with a random strangers because they threw it on the grill before we could stop them. DH still likes it, but i'd take bali hai over that any day.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:11 AM

371 posts, read 1,217,299 times
It appears in the same lines as "Martins Curry Rice" at the intersection of Hwy 54 and Cary Pkwy (next to Food Lion and Movie theaters)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary