Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 07:45 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,601,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
Very addictive - I just moved to a new office and I positioned my furniture so my screen is viewable to all who walk by. This is because in my last office nobody could see my screen and I found when frustrated with my actual work I was on the internet waaay too much. Now I'm tricking myself into good behavior.
I'm in a back corner of the office and nobody comes down my isle. I too was finding that I was spending too much time surfing while I was compiling code, searching through source files, etc. I had to stop cold turkey as well. No more City-Data at work for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 09:06 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
I enjoy reading and posting when I'm answering emails or waiting for an attorney or lender to call me back.

I actually find alot of the information useful. Its so interesting to me to hear others perspective and to have the newbies find places to eat that I had no idea even exsisted!

As for what others are doing here instead of working...this has to be more healthy than smoking and we all know smokers take a 15 to 20 minute break each hour!!!

Vicki

Old 08-01-2007, 09:40 PM

164 posts, read 690,427 times
Now look at all of us giving this poster our excuses for being here..lol. My excuse? Hmmm. because I can be here..lol. Thanks for the laugh

Old 08-01-2007, 10:00 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,619,859 times
Yup...my husband makes fun of me....but he picked his two favorite names, ferrickhead and lizardlips.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:17 AM

460 posts, read 2,422,001 times
I was not here. Guess that speaks volumes.

Old 08-02-2007, 05:36 AM

180 posts, read 662,535 times
Haha! I am at work when I'm on the message boards...but I go on occasionally throughout the day when I need a break from work!! It's better than surfing the net all day and I get to see what's going on in the Triangle!

Old 08-02-2007, 05:51 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times
I now only post before and after work now as I am on a 12 step program to end my addiction to this site!

Ok, off to work now ......

Old 08-02-2007, 05:53 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
"Productivity at all major companies in the Triangle came to a screeching halt around 4:00pm August 1. No one is 100% sure but they believe a debate on city-pages.com sparked by garner vs clayton, looking for smart kids and terrible builder ethics cause not only this decrease in productivity but an increase in people utilizing the lazy emoticon symbols to the right of this screen. Who has the best steakhouse, what is your commute and finally where is a good hair salon are also amongst the thousands of worldly important phrases that Trianglinians have on their minds today. Forget Iraq, forget the economy, I want to see pictures from Carolina Ale House Saturday evening and read about where the affluent blacks live or what is the biggest baddest gang in Raleigh/Durham (which by the way say more than a 50% decrease in homicides last year from 2005). Enjoy the rest of your evenings folks and happy posting."
And, I am retired... the best of both worlds. I can pop in here when I want to, in any topic I want to. Yep, there are some topics that have more longterm significance and greater impact on our future than some that you mention (and there are other places to discuss those)...but it's little things are the stuff of daily living, and make it more comfortable, easier, more pleasant, and saves money! Here's a lazy icon for you:

Some topics in CD I stay away from because they are true time wasters, but a couple that I follow have valuable information and are very helpful resources. To all of you in those places where I DO show up -- a big Thanks!!!

Old 08-02-2007, 07:15 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,948,840 times
Thumbs up we all need a break...

I occasionally read/post at work...as long as I have a moment or two..or 3...but considering all the smoking breaks the "smokers" take, I know, I know, justification...haha I usually eat lunch while working at my desk, so no lunch hour really...I can pop on a few times a day to see what's going on and not feel guilty about doing it.... Have a great Thursday everyone...back to work for me! haha

Old 08-02-2007, 09:43 AM

271 posts, read 1,213,509 times
All of you are Guilty by association. Present company included.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary