U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 06:39 AM

81 posts, read 74,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
^^^ Why does somebody always have to do this? The OP specifically said:
Ummmm....difficulty in following directions??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 07:02 AM

319 posts, read 1,034,999 times
The Fresh Market has them too. They are quite lovely.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:17 AM

2,151 posts, read 3,181,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDC11 View Post
Ummmm....difficulty in following directions??
I think it's hubris.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:07 PM
jgb

427 posts, read 685,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
^^^ Why does somebody always have to do this? The OP specifically said:
Just a friendly conversation. I didn't know we had to stick so strictly to topic . . didn't mean to offend! Someone besides the OP might find it useful, as is the case in many of these conversations. Otherwise we would just all send private messages direct to the OP, if they were the only ones who were going to read it . .

Old 05-04-2011, 06:31 AM

82 posts, read 143,724 times
^^^ completely agree with JGB, i dont see the harm in mentioning the alternative. i figured since the OP didnt do their own search (or was really just after local feedback) , they would be open to other suggestions.

we just made a large batch of CCS. a different method is to add a half spoon of crisco to the bowl (pasta size bowl), microwave for 1 - 1.30 minutes. stir til very smooth. put S on toothpick, cover in C, stick toothpick through an upside down styrofoam plate/bowl. i dont like buying or using styro, so i usually cadge some.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:40 AM

7,455 posts, read 14,627,220 times
I third Chocolate Smiles! Great store!

Old 05-04-2011, 06:43 AM

82 posts, read 143,724 times
Default forgot to add

after putting S on toothpick & through styro plate/bowl....pop plate/bowl into freezer....4-6 minutes usually does the trick. keep stored in the fridge...leaving them out beyond 30 minutes makes them melty and squishy.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:20 AM
jgb

427 posts, read 685,735 times
Thanks, roguesmom, for the tips! These strawberries are supposed to make people happy, not sad, whether they come from the store or one's kitchen!

Old 05-04-2011, 09:47 AM

2,151 posts, read 3,181,767 times
Here's why I think it's not nice to offer do-it-yourself suggestions in a thread like this. First, it's completely disregarding the OP's stated parameters for the question. OP specifically requested that you NOT give do-it-yourself commentary. So not sure why roguesmom says, "i figured since the OP didnt do their own search (or was really just after local feedback) , they would be open to other suggestions." OP said they are NOT open to other suggestions. Second, it's hijacking a thread for a different purpose. The thread is about where to buy locally good CCS. Third, if there's one thing we've learned about C-D, it's that no one bothers to use the search function on local forums. So it's pointless to offer other CCS topics in this thread because no one looking for a CCS recipe will come to a thread called "Best place to get chocolate covered strawberries." Fourth, the do-it-yourself advice isn't local, and we're asked to stay local in the local forums.

Based on the comments I got in my inbox and rep received, this do-it-yourself hijacking really bothers a fair number of people. This happens every time someone asks about local steakhouses. There are a few posters who hijack with numerous posts on how to grill the perfect steak at home. If we wanted to know how to do it at home, we'd post in the Food and Drink forums. It also happens frequently when someone asks for a recommendation on a service provider. "It's so easy to repair drywall / lay tile / install flooring yourself. Why would you pay someone?" Um, because I can afford it and I don't want to do it.

So now, ironically, my post about staying on topic in a local forum has veered off topic. <shrug>

Old 05-04-2011, 03:38 PM

748 posts, read 801,799 times
I don't even like strawberries and I liked the chocolate covered strawberries at Godiva.

Last edited by caesarsgirl79; 05-04-2011 at 03:39 PM.. Reason: addition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary