Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 10:06 AM

323 posts, read 631,862 times

Advertisements

Hi.

We are moving to Raleigh this summer after years of planning, etc... and have found this very pretty community. Its exactly what we want!

Anyone have any thoughts on this community, the area, schools, builder, etc..

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 10:09 AM

34,935 posts, read 36,062,311 times
The area is great. Plenty to do nearby. Which builder are you looking at? Pre-existing, or are you looking at the new townhomes they're throwing up right there at the entrance?

The schools are good there, no issues at all!

Old 05-04-2011, 10:15 AM

74 posts, read 218,525 times
What exactly do you like about it? We are also looking for a new place so I'm curious what attracts you to that particular development. Is this a townhouse or single family?

We live down the road in Morrisville, maybe 4 miles. This area is the best! You will be mid between Durham and Raleigh and able to get either place quickly and easily. A few minutes west and you are in the country or to Jordan Lake.

We searched all around the area 2 years ago when we moved and ended up here since it is central to everything. We have been happy everyday that we did.

Good luck - you will love it!

Old 05-04-2011, 10:34 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,372,901 times
I live in Stone Creek Village - in the original townhomes built by Centex 2006-2009. It is a really nice community, extremely well maintained. We love our home and even more, love the close proximity to the shopping center. We walk to the grocery store, dry cleaners as well as to several shops and restaurants. We have a nice mix of ages, several retired couples, young professionals as well as a few families with children. Are you looking at the original community where I live or the ones Standard Pacific is currently building behind the shopping center? Personally, I like where I live much better...short walk from shopping but not directly on top of it. The new townhomes face the road behind the shopping center, you step off your front steps directly into the road. We recently placed our home on the market, thinking we might want to consider a one level home but the more we looked around, the more we liked Stone Creek. After 3 weeks, we took it off the market.
Almost forgot to add - great school assignments (Davis Middle School, Green Hope HS). The overal location is super, with easy access to all highways and central to Raleigh, Durham as well as Chapel Hill.

Feel free to DM me for any more specifics.

Last edited by ljd1010; 05-04-2011 at 10:43 AM..

Old 05-04-2011, 10:47 AM

My wife and I really like that its so close to everything. Right now, we are in a somewhat rural area of CT, have to drive miles to get to any stores, especially bigger ones, and we are so sick of it! We want the exact opposite of feeling isolated. My wife has been wanting to walk to stores, etc... for the longest time, and being that the weather is much milder, we imagine you can do this almost year round.

I didn't realize there are old/new areas. I just happened to see a rental in the newer section. I have family down there and they advised me to rent first to be sure I'm in the area and schools that we like.

The schools seem great by my research, and I like that we can get to a variety of different places, fast. Also, the townhouse idea appeals to me because of the hours of maintenance I will NOT have to spend on the outside of the house. The winter was a killer this year up here.

All around, it seems like a vibrant and active place to live, with the great schools we need for our kids.

ljd1010 or anyone, know of any rentals in the complex? My realtor only found 1 so far.

Thanks!

Old 05-04-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat456 View Post
My wife and I really like that its so close to everything. Right now, we are in a somewhat rural area of CT, have to drive miles to get to any stores, especially bigger ones, and we are so sick of it! We want the exact opposite of feeling isolated. My wife has been wanting to walk to stores, etc... for the longest time, and being that the weather is much milder, we imagine you can do this almost year round.

I didn't realize there are old/new areas. I just happened to see a rental in the newer section. I have family down there and they advised me to rent first to be sure I'm in the area and schools that we like.

The schools seem great by my research, and I like that we can get to a variety of different places, fast. Also, the townhouse idea appeals to me because of the hours of maintenance I will NOT have to spend on the outside of the house. The winter was a killer this year up here.

All around, it seems like a vibrant and active place to live, with the great schools we need for our kids.

ljd1010 or anyone, know of any rentals in the complex? My realtor only found 1 so far.

Thanks!
Actually, a neighbor of mine owns 2 - lives in one and leases the other. The family that is currently renting is moving to Europe in August. The owner manages the property himself. Not sure if he has someone lined up. I'll DM you if I find out any other info.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:54 AM

That would be great, thanks! Please do DM me, I'm a good candidate with great credit, etc...

Even if it doesn't end up being ideal for children in the longrun, etc... we would love to get a taste of this lifestyle while we find what will be perfect for us!

Thanks.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:22 PM

34,935 posts, read 36,062,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
I live in Stone Creek Village - in the original townhomes built by Centex 2006-2009. It is a really nice community, extremely well maintained. We love our home and even more, love the close proximity to the shopping center. We walk to the grocery store, dry cleaners as well as to several shops and restaurants. We have a nice mix of ages, several retired couples, young professionals as well as a few families with children. Are you looking at the original community where I live or the ones Standard Pacific is currently building behind the shopping center? Personally, I like where I live much better...short walk from shopping but not directly on top of it. The new townhomes face the road behind the shopping center, you step off your front steps directly into the road. We recently placed our home on the market, thinking we might want to consider a one level home but the more we looked around, the more we liked Stone Creek. After 3 weeks, we took it off the market.
Almost forgot to add - great school assignments (Davis Middle School, Green Hope HS). The overal location is super, with easy access to all highways and central to Raleigh, Durham as well as Chapel Hill.

Feel free to DM me for any more specifics.

I don't like the new townhouses at all. It's bizarre that they have master bedrooms at the FRONT of the 2nd floor... you'll get constant headlights in your window at night. And noise. Ugh. Not sure why they didn't put the master bedrooms in the back... the trees and trail view would've been more appealing.

The ones where you live are great. I've been inside one and if they were bigger, we'd consider moving into one... but alas, too small for a growing family of 5 with 4 cars.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I don't like the new townhouses at all. It's bizarre that they have master bedrooms at the FRONT of the 2nd floor... you'll get constant headlights in your window at night. And noise. Ugh. Not sure why they didn't put the master bedrooms in the back... the trees and trail view would've been more appealing.

The ones where you live are great. I've been inside one and if they were bigger, we'd consider moving into one... but alas, too small for a growing family of 5 with 4 cars.
I totally agree about the new ones. Right on top of the street and likely a big reason only 3-4 have sold out of the proposed 34 to be built. It looks like construction has stopped, likely until they sell more of the first section. I also hate the 3 stories. Personally, I would hate to park my car in the garage, and then have to go up a flight of stairs to the main living area. Less than ideal. I have 3 stories but the 3rd floor is a large bonus room and office...and I NEVER go up there!

Old 05-04-2011, 12:39 PM

Good to know about the headlights into the bedroom, even just for rentals. I will keep this in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary