U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 01:42 PM

11,151 posts, read 9,347,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by margie1022 View Post
Come On Apex Town Council - really listen to these parents who's children have no places to play and except the sidewalks and streets and cul de sacs (since you didn't make builders put in safe places to play).
Did someone force the parents to purchase homes without safe places to play?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 01:51 PM

13,823 posts, read 8,798,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
This^^

Old 05-17-2011, 01:54 PM

635 posts, read 661,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
I think the point is that in a situation where a bike decides to pull out into the middle of the lane and the drivers choice is to go head on with another vehicle, or dump the bike rider, well..........

And, of course, riding your bike is not the only way to get exercise. In fact, I would say that almost all other forms of exercise do not include playing chicken with a 3000 pound vehicle.
or a 6000lb SUV.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:57 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,223,161 times
Quote:
I dunno, most well thought out towns/cities have common areas for children and families to enjoy. Maybe it's a southern thing to keep to yourself? I have never seen the level of complaining as I have when it comes to recreation in our towns and cities.

Banning kids from riding a bike on the sidewalk? Banning kids from playing in cul-de-sacs? Seriously?

People complain our kids are anti-social and don't go outside, and then they complain when they do go outside.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:05 PM
MEM MEM started this thread

96 posts, read 219,303 times
Quote:

Most of the neighborhoods in Apex have lots ranging from .1 to .3 acre lots. Not a lot of room to play games in. We looked for a house for over a year because we could not find a house that had an acceptable sized yard.

And actually I was not aware of the fact that it was illegal to play in cul-de-sacs and sidewalks when I bought here. Yes you could say my bad - but I have never heard of such a thing so it never occurred for me to look it up.

Would it have changed my mind about living in Apex? possibly - because those types of rules against children would make me think it was not a family friendly place to live....

Old 05-17-2011, 05:01 PM

7,368 posts, read 14,284,978 times
It's definitely not a southern thing: the complaining and these new rules and laws is totally a new thing! We were pretty free range growing up here. We played kick the can and baseball every single night in the summer in my cul de sac. That was what parents expected their kids to do and no one ever complained.
I really don't understand this level of animosity towards kids playing outside at all. It does not look Apex look like a very nice place to live for families.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:10 PM

674 posts, read 530,492 times
One thing I've noticed when I moved here is that there are laws against pretty much everything people do.

Up North, people just acted sensibly and that took care of everything.

A

Old 10-03-2012, 06:33 AM

8,387 posts, read 12,046,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonorio View Post
Dude, seriously - why did you move here?? It seems like every other post by you is a statement about how much better things were "up North." (Empress Tuna anyone?) Now you're suggesting that people here aren't capable of acting sensibly. What, we're all just a bunch of dumb hick hillbilly rebels that need Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane to keep us in order? You must be making a lot of friends here ...

Old 10-03-2012, 06:41 AM

13,823 posts, read 8,798,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Dude, seriously - why did you move here?? It seems like every other post by you is a statement about how much better things were "up North." (Empress Tuna anyone?) Now you're suggesting that people here aren't capable of acting sensibly. What, we're all just a bunch of dumb hick hillbilly rebels that need Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane to keep us in order? You must be making a lot of friends here ...
He moved here to teach us all how to act sensibly.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:45 AM

8,913 posts, read 10,014,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonorio View Post

A
As a northern native, I actually laughed out loud when I read this.

People up north don't act sensibly. They act rudely, aggressively, selfishly and pretty much dare anyone to do anything about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary