U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Unread 05-15-2011, 05:44 PM
 
3 posts, read 11,787 times
Reputation: 10
Question Need help finding an apt that works with evictions, a second chance program.

My daughter and I are homeless in NC and I have tried living in hotels which are too expensive, in which i cant afford food. The shelters that I have called have told me basically there is no assistance for a working mom at this time, i was told that i would have to dedicate the first 6 months that i could not work and would be restricted to the shelter, no outside job is permitted. i though, how crazy???? please help me find a place that will work with evictions. I hear that after three years that some complexes may work with you, is that true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 05-15-2011, 07:43 PM
 
Location: Fayetteville, NC
1,436 posts, read 2,570,298 times
Reputation: 1376
It would help to know where you are located. I suspect the most sympathetic would be a owner of a single family house for rent rather than anyplace run by a management company that will run your credit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 05-16-2011, 08:59 AM
 
Location: Lansing, MI
2,528 posts, read 2,857,727 times
Reputation: 2415
You should check with privately owned rentals and explain your situation. Be prepared to pay a big security deposit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 05-16-2011, 12:46 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
42,262 posts, read 49,078,261 times
Reputation: 33556
Quote:
Originally Posted by denise2014 View Post
My daughter and I are homeless in NC and I have tried living in hotels which are too expensive, in which i cant afford food. The shelters that I have called have told me basically there is no assistance for a working mom at this time, i was told that i would have to dedicate the first 6 months that i could not work and would be restricted to the shelter, no outside job is permitted. i though, how crazy???? please help me find a place that will work with evictions. I hear that after three years that some complexes may work with you, is that true?

In WHICH city??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 05-17-2011, 08:05 AM
 
3 posts, read 11,787 times
Reputation: 10
city's
henderson
durham
raleigh
any three of the cit's listed above

right now we are in durham.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 05-17-2011, 09:20 AM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
42,262 posts, read 49,078,261 times
Reputation: 33556
Quote:
Originally Posted by denise2014 View Post
city's
henderson
durham
raleigh
any three of the cit's listed above

right now we are in durham.

Honey, you would get more responses and better info if you posted your question on the Raleigh board. Best of luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 05-17-2011, 03:50 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
42,262 posts, read 49,078,261 times
Reputation: 33556
Can anybody here offer some suggestions to this mom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 05-17-2011, 05:20 PM
 
Location: NC
1,696 posts, read 1,926,088 times
Reputation: 1790
same as what others have said. look for a private landlord who doesn't do a credit check. be ready to pay a deposit (usually one month, plaus first months rent - so if your monthly rent is $500, your total amount due would be $1000)

some might work with you on the deposit and let you pay in installments, but most probably wont.

have a letter of reference from your employer stating your pay and that your job is secure. that might help too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 05-17-2011, 07:17 PM
 
Location: SE Durham
788 posts, read 1,567,021 times
Reputation: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by denise2014 View Post
My daughter and I are homeless in NC and I have tried living in hotels which are too expensive, in which i cant afford food. The shelters that I have called have told me basically there is no assistance for a working mom at this time, i was told that i would have to dedicate the first 6 months that i could not work and would be restricted to the shelter, no outside job is permitted. i though, how crazy???? please help me find a place that will work with evictions. I hear that after three years that some complexes may work with you, is that true?
You poor thing. My family has been in that situation before (not evicted, but living in a hotel) and it seriously sucks. All our money was going to the hotel and very little of it was paying for food. I don't have any specific leads for companies or individuals who will work with an eviction, but I do have general leads for rental/property management companies in Durham. Send me a DM or send me an email through my website (listed in my profile under contact). The leads will be complimentary for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 05-18-2011, 10:40 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
42,262 posts, read 49,078,261 times
Reputation: 33556
Quote:
Originally Posted by mia78 View Post
You poor thing. My family has been in that situation before (not evicted, but living in a hotel) and it seriously sucks. All our money was going to the hotel and very little of it was paying for food. I don't have any specific leads for companies or individuals who will work with an eviction, but I do have general leads for rental/property management companies in Durham. Send me a DM or send me an email through my website (listed in my profile under contact). The leads will be complimentary for you.
Thanks for trying to help! I don't know enough about apts in the areas she is interested in I'd love to see someone post the name of a complex or two that works with people in her situation!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:28 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top