Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 07:25 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,245,086 times

Advertisements

You are already a winner Scotty and we are Carolina pround.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 08:09 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,866,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I think reality shows are pretty much worthless, but somebody's got to win them, so it might as well be a local guy.
Thx for pontificating on this However, American Idol is a talent show, not a reality show. Nor is the show worthless....it's a great opportunity for many people of talent. And it's clean funSo let's talk about the show and not muddy the water

Old 05-20-2011, 11:48 AM

1,320 posts, read 1,533,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Well, there's at least the 3 of us.

Scotty was a little creepy during the Lady Gaga segment. But he is young, and she did dress like she forgot her pants, so I guess I forgive him.

I think both finalists will do very well in their careers.

I think Lady Gaga is the creepy one. And Scotty said we did not hear all of what she said to him.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:23 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,866,443 times
I thought Gaga was inappropriate considering she was talking to a kid. But she did give great advice

Old 05-20-2011, 12:55 PM

75 posts, read 124,040 times
What did Scotty do that was so creepy? He seemed fine to me and was just a bit shy over the way she was being inappropriate to a kid.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:25 PM

2,216 posts, read 2,936,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
Thx for pontificating on this However, American Idol is a talent show, not a reality show. Nor is the show worthless....it's a great opportunity for many people of talent. And it's clean funSo let's talk about the show and not muddy the water
+1 (also to Pitroad)

Old 05-20-2011, 03:33 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
I was talking about the show. I feel that lamenting the downward slide of network TV while also wishing the young man well was a gracious enough compromise.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:55 PM

932 posts, read 3,096,607 times
He is such a sweet kid. I'm sure he was a little thrown by Lady Gaga...like many people would be. She's very talented but her appearance is so distracting. Garner is so proud of Scotty. I was out today and saw so many supportive signs. I even saw a Scotty t-shirt for sale.

Old 05-20-2011, 04:56 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,089,036 times
He kissed his cross necklace, looked upward and said, "Lord, it's not of my doing" ...as if Lady Gaga was one big sin that he had to apologize to God for, and he had to tell God that he was unscathed. I found that creepy.

What did she say that was inappropriate?

Lady Gaga is a talented woman who knows if she remained Stephani Germanotta, she wouldn't get anywhere. It's a shtick, and she does it with a sense of humor. Shock and awe. She's a master at it.

Scotty should have been grateful to have met her, even if she did forget her pants.

YouTube - ‪Lady Gaga Live at NYU - Captivated & Electric Kiss 2005‬‏

Here is the original segment. She told him to pretend the microphone was his girlfriend. Big deal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAm7DmrD2x8

Kimmel's take on Lady Gaga's advice to our guy Scotty:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcbrxS4BaUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey Golf View Post
What did Scotty do that was so creepy? He seemed fine to me and was just a bit shy over the way she was being inappropriate to a kid.

Last edited by lovebrentwood; 05-20-2011 at 05:09 PM..

Old 05-20-2011, 09:12 PM

226 posts, read 506,771 times
I've never watched American Idol, so I can't say I have a dog in this race, but my coworkers babble about it constantly.

Gaga has made a (extremely profitable and successful) career out of being outrageous and "controversial" (though planned, calculated, and quite scripted, I feel). Of course she's going to say something beep-worthy and headline-grabbing. It's her meal ticket, after all. But she also has the talent to back up her antics.

Myself, I don't really care if McCreery wins or not. He's already a household name and likely has a potentially successful career ahead of him. I'm not a fan of his and will likely never listen to his music, but I know plenty of people who will. Good for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary