Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 02:56 AM

45 posts, read 147,309 times

Advertisements

Check our Rising Sun Pools and Spa in Raleigh. I have bought a cover from them recently. They provide a form which you fill out based on the shape of the hot tub, whether corners are round or square etc. I have had good experiences with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 09:45 AM

2,905 posts, read 5,917,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_RDNC View Post
Be careful with the cost of shipping. That has to be a huge add-on for on-line purchased items that are very large, even if they aren't too heavy.
Indeed (I run an online company so I'm well aware of that) but what Atlantic is charging $375 (minimum) plus tax for, I can get online for $299 shipped free. Atlantic offers only a single thickness/type of cover, whereas online you can also get a tapered cover to keep rain off and thicker covers for higher R-value, saving money in the long run by keeping more heat inside. Even the top of the line 6"-4" tapered cover is less online than Atlantic's basic flat model locally. Sad but true.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:28 PM

2,743 posts, read 4,821,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
Indeed (I run an online company so I'm well aware of that) but what Atlantic is charging $375 (minimum) plus tax for, I can get online for $299 shipped free. Atlantic offers only a single thickness/type of cover, whereas online you can also get a tapered cover to keep rain off and thicker covers for higher R-value, saving money in the long run by keeping more heat inside. Even the top of the line 6"-4" tapered cover is less online than Atlantic's basic flat model locally. Sad but true.
I guess the online gets to discount their price as they don't have to to pay for their storefront. (Something you also know about, eh? ).

So .... when is the hot tub party???

Old 06-02-2011, 12:31 PM

2,905 posts, read 5,917,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_RDNC View Post
I guess the online gets to discount their price as they don't have to to pay for their storefront. (Something you also know about, eh? ).

So .... when is the hot tub party???
Correct...and that's why I still try to support local merchants where possible and even if it costs a LITTLE more - but when the difference is staggering like this, it's a no go. I have to be somewhat smart with my money

The hot tub party would be pretty awkward. The silly thing only fits 3 people comfortably. I would have never bought one so small, but this was free from a neighbor who bought it the year before and no longer wanted it. Who am I to refuse a free hot tub that is brand new?

Old 06-02-2011, 04:53 PM

2,743 posts, read 4,821,963 times
Can't argue with "free" !!
I used to live in another city, where my best friend was a postal worker. He'd drive around delivering the mail from ? to 3 pm, then go home, get his truck and go back to the places where he'd see where people were setting things to the curb for garbage.
He got (I'm not kidding, I've seen these): 5 lawn mowers, 2 rider mowers, over 1000 banana plants, and a 5-person hot tub w/ outside gas-fired water heater and pump. All he had to do was patch the one puncture in the tub, and build (from scrounged wood) a deck. Almost totally free! He was the best scrounger I'd ever seen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary