U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 06:13 PM

33 posts, read 4,913 times

Advertisements

I'm so bummed out. I was suppose to leave tonight and drive into Cary to start my search for homes. But since my stay was so short and the weather seems to crummy because of ERNESTO I was afraid it may take me double the time driving down there. I was hoping to post some great feedback after my trip was complete. So now I will reschedule for the end of September. I will be flying. If anyone is from somewhere up north and has gone down to N.C. to visit, any feedback would be great. I'm so anxious another 3 weeks is torture to me.

[+] Rate this post positively
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2006, 06:33 PM

2,314 posts, read 308,565 times
They are calling for nice weather this weekend not to hot. I know its supposed to rain but it seems to have slowed more than what they expected. To late to reconsider?

***Disclaimer I am not a Hurricane Expert, I am just going on what the weather guy here in Charlotte Says****

Old 08-30-2006, 06:46 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,814,609 times
I am coming. I heard light if any rain.

Old 08-30-2006, 06:49 PM

yep its been raining a little some rain tomorrow into friday. 84 degrees sat and nice... great home seeking weather

Old 08-30-2006, 07:01 PM

463 posts, read 1,148,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by startpackinn View Post
I'm so bummed out. I was suppose to leave tonight and drive into Cary to start my search for homes. But since my stay was so short and the weather seems to crummy because of ERNESTO I was afraid it may take me double the time driving down there. I was hoping to post some great feedback after my trip was complete. So now I will reschedule for the end of September. I will be flying. If anyone is from somewhere up north and has gone down to N.C. to visit, any feedback would be great. I'm so anxious another 3 weeks is torture to me.

[+] Rate this post positively
Probably a wise decision. Raleigh and surrounding areas are under a severe thunderstorm watch. 22 central North Carolina counties are. Heavy winds, hail and more rain predicted for Friday.

Better safe than sorry, IMHO.

Cassie

Last edited by Cassie; 08-30-2006 at 07:26 PM..

Old 08-30-2006, 07:03 PM

5,265 posts, read 10,539,014 times
smart move. They are calling for 7 inches of rain raleigh and the eastern peidmont. They just said on ABC that the storm might actually reach hurricane status again and make landfall at Wilmington.

Old 08-30-2006, 07:11 PM

http://www.weather.com/newscenter/tr...=wxcenter_news

latest from the weather channel

Old 08-30-2006, 07:36 PM

10,418 posts, read 18,055,392 times
My husband was due in from Memphis, TN at around 6PM. They wouldn't let them land at RDU, so the plane went into Roanoke, VA. Now they are cancelling the flight and getting buses and cars to delive the folks to Raleigh. I love thunderstorms when I'm safe and warm INSIDE!!!

Vicki

Old 08-30-2006, 07:48 PM

463 posts, read 1,148,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
My husband was due in from Memphis, TN at around 6PM. They wouldn't let them land at RDU, so the plane went into Roanoke, VA. Now they are cancelling the flight and getting buses and cars to delive the folks to Raleigh. I love thunderstorms when I'm safe and warm INSIDE!!!

Vicki

I'm with you, Vicki! Thanks for the update on flight conditions into RDU.

Cassie

Last edited by Cassie; 08-30-2006 at 08:09 PM..

Old 08-30-2006, 07:50 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,814,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post

Vicki
YIKES!! Thats no fun.... I pray it all goes well for us arriving into Charlotte Friday night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary