Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 03:49 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,084,867 times

Advertisements

Excellent! Reps to you!

So many people just move here and hope for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownSpice View Post
I would never go anywhere without having a job first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 04:00 PM

24 posts, read 34,990 times
Absolutely! Also, please feel free to forward along any other information that you believe will be useful to me. I will be looking for your email...ty.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:55 PM

342 posts, read 751,388 times
I don't want to say it was easy, but my search rolled right along. Working in IT, I used all the normal channels, posted my rez, searched several job posting sites, made some good contacts, had several interviews, and I was made an offer at the perfect time. I always kept my LinkedIn profile current and connected / networked with alot of groups. My job in NJ was going away soon, our short term rental was up, we bought a house and I had just moved my wife down.

I believe it was all these combined, a detailed approach, good follow-up, some luck and divine intervention that allowed me to reunite with my wife after only 10 days of being apart since I could not move down without a job.

Good luck to you, just when you think it won't, it DOES happen.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:03 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,217,585 times
Quote:
I would never go anywhere without having a job first.

Repped!

You're a smart person. You'll find a job. Follow all the leads, get out there and meet and greet.

Best to you. If I hear of any postings that fit your stated experience, I'll forward them if you like.

Let me know.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Repped!

You're a smart person. You'll find a job. Follow all the leads, get out there and meet and greet.

Best to you. If I hear of any postings that fit your stated experience, I'll forward them if you like.

Let me know.

Absolutely! Any help will be much appreciated. I plan to continue applying for positions and networking in the meantime. Although, I do feel that my efforts may be challenged due to my current location. I will remain optimistic and persistent...

Old 06-12-2011, 08:41 PM

Perhaps you could try to schedule some interviews in a cluster and come down periodically to do face-to-face interviews?

You might also try getting a local PO box for your resume and a local cell phone number if you're feeling very sure about this being the place you want to be.

Tell potential employers you're in the process of moving down due to ties in the area.

I'd let that be a personal issue, the handling of the move. It's not like many are apt to do a relo package here lately. Unless they suggest one, I'd rather leave an interview with them assuming you'll be living here very soon.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:00 PM

I actually was not anticipating any assistance with the move. If that changes, great, otherwise I will proceed as planned. The PO box and cell number are great suggestions that will definitley be added to my to do list.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
I actually was not anticipating any assistance with the move. If that changes, great, otherwise I will proceed as planned. The PO box and cell number are great suggestions that will definitley be added to my to do list.
Just some ideas. Since you're already sure you want to live here, might as well commit a little to get the ball rolling.

Think positive. It'll show!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary