U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 08:32 PM

143 posts, read 309,857 times

Advertisements

It seems that we have a bit more comings and goings lately up in my neck of the woods. I noticed today the following:

new Waffle House,near Walgreens
Kroger at Wakefield, closing in early July
Sambuca Chop House, temporarily closed?
Huge Harris Teeter above Kohl's on Capital Blvd north of Wake Forest!
Pizza hut being dismantled in front of Food Lion, near intersection of Bus 98 and Cap Blvd
Leith Chevy is now Leith Kia at the southeastern corner of Main and Cap?

Now maybe I am just slow to notice these things, but I open up the question to the forum if anyone knows of any other comings & goings in the business world in North Raleigh/Wake Forest area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 08:33 AM

1,254 posts, read 4,246,263 times
Walgreens is coming to Brier Creek...it will be located on Brier Creek Pkwy where WakeMed and Duke Care is...noticed the sign yesterday as the building is being erected quite fast...I guess the location makes sense, since all the medical facilities are down that way...

Old 06-17-2011, 08:48 AM

926 posts, read 1,418,646 times
I think it's the same thing all over. I know in my neck of the woods (Falls of the Neuse Rd. area), about 3-4 years ago, I noticed businesses dying off on a regular basis; Applebee's, Original Soup Man, Ruby Tuesday, Stonewood Grille, Stone Wolf Coffee, and a few others. It seems like things have stabilized some...at least for the moment.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:56 AM

32,368 posts, read 26,507,962 times
Am I the only one that is amazed at the sheer volume of pharmacies around here? I feel like I can't turn a corner without seeing one on every corner of that intersection.

What gives?

Old 06-17-2011, 09:05 AM

9,680 posts, read 23,382,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Am I the only one that is amazed at the sheer volume of pharmacies around here? I feel like I can't turn a corner without seeing one on every corner of that intersection.

What gives?
Idiotic managements.

There is a 24 hour Walgreens across from a 24 hour CVS at Capital and New Hope Church.

Considering phramacist salaries, this is the dumbest thing I've seen in years.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:11 AM

32,368 posts, read 26,507,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Idiotic managements.

There is a 24 hour Walgreens across from a 24 hour CVS at Capital and New Hope Church.

and some of them have taken to closing EARLY in the pharmacy...

Err... maybe have less stores and keep regular hours?

Weird.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:05 AM

892 posts, read 2,780,684 times
Competition. Remember your hometown pharmacy where everybody knew your name? Have found a handful still around!

Old 06-17-2011, 10:09 AM

2,872 posts, read 4,935,401 times
What's going in where Kroger is closing? That's an anchor store and would leave that shopping center feeling like it's dying. I know there are businesses in there that are doing VERY well, but others seem to be going under. To have a large size store like Kroger leaving seems like a big deal.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:40 AM

840 posts, read 2,983,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Idiotic managements.

It must be working for them financially. They've been on the upswing expanding their retail outlets for several years.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:56 AM

11,775 posts, read 27,305,964 times
Finding a Walgreens on one corner and then a CVS on the corner across the street seems to be the norm, these days.

I think one of the stores does the work, finding the location, and then the other comes along and builds. Makes little sense to me too but they must find it is financially appealing, otherwise they wouldn't do it.

It isn't a NC thing. Just got back from a trip to Idaho and it was the same thing there! Visited son in Florida and there they were...Walgreens on one corner, CVS on the other! Hilton Head has the same thing...although in HH, you have to look for the signs...they like to hide them!

I had a client who was relocated here to be a manager at the Lowes Home Improvement in Wake Forest. I asked her why they were building Lowes right across from Home Depot and she said it was the same thing...one store does the research to find a good location and the other store just moves in! Seems to work for them.

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary