Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 12:54 PM

381 posts, read 1,323,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
Phone and internet DO NOT count toward the 4 feeds. That is TV only.

HD Quality is only a concern for high movement programs like sports. Even then, it's mostly good except when the camera is panning quickly across a large area.
Thank you. I'll take a look at their pricing again and see if we want to take the plunge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 01:11 PM

699 posts, read 1,703,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
I've used AT&T Uverse for just over a year. I just moved and now have it at my new home. I am very happy with it. I have NEVER had to call them for any sort of issue. It's been trouble free. No problem with connection, speed, quality, etc. Prior to this I used TWC for years. Those folks drove me nuts with tech issue which took months to resolve. I was forever rebooting the modem, losing signal, etc. Now, thanks to AT&T that is a distant memory
Good to know.

We have intermittent problems with TWC. Phone and internet was out again last night. After half an hour on the cell phone with this person and that and unplugging the unit, etc. they transferred me to a tech who said it was an area outage.

Our year will be up in a month. Called to find out what sort of bundle price we could get. Was told by two customer service reps that there is no way of knowing until the year is up.

I'm calling UVerse.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:49 PM

381 posts, read 1,323,690 times
I did not take the plunge but may reconsider soon. I was able to get an excellent price with TWC when I called to cancel, and I not obligated by a contract (so I can switch out with no penalty). However, I remain frustrated with TWC's service. Hmmm.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:34 AM

1,751 posts, read 3,681,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtittus View Post
Has anyone had the AT&T U-verse service for any length of time? I've had it for a week and like it so far. I am a bit miffed at discovering the 4 stream limit - they failed to state that up front. The TV boxes and even the DVR and much faster than my Time Warner one. And AT&T actually got the boxes working on the 2nd floor of my house. Two years ago I had Time Warner here and they couldn't figure out why the signal wasn't strong enough on the 2nd floor and gave up.
I've had U Verse for 8 months. VERY SATISFIED. I found the services were exactly as advertised, including the 4 stream limit...that was definitely stated up front. AS for complaining about being limited to 4 streams...I had TWC in NY and 1 stream was the best they ever offered. I only have three people in my household and one TV so obviously 4 is sufficient for us, but I could see how some families would need more.

My picture is great (I do have an older TV).

The wireless internet works great also...I did not opt for phone in my bundle because I have vonage.

just so glad to have escaped the monopoly that was TWC!

Old 03-16-2012, 09:16 AM

186 posts, read 344,329 times
My neighbor just switched from AT&T to TW and comments that the picture doesn't seem to be as good.

I'm about to switch from Dish back to TW simply for the channel line up and the cheaper bundled package, although I'm starting to recall now why I left TW in the first place - the majorly sucky customer service. Hope I don't regret it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary