Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 03:37 AM

237 posts, read 915,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
I live off Capital and used to live right on it.

The Mini-City area near Capital and New Hope Road is crime-ridden. Not a good choice, I'm afraid to say. My area near Old Wake Forest Rd and Capital is good crime wise. I'm community watch captain at our complex, so I keep updated on the crime trends.

Traffic on Capital between the Beltline and Wake Forest can get downright ugly. This mainly can be attributed to the large growth in Wake Forest.

If you're interested in this area, do be sure to try your commute during rush hours before deciding.
I though north raleigh was supposed to be the expensive part is that not north raleigh does everyone mean north west , cause I went to the boston market at that mini city and that **** seamed ghetto to me and the lion grocery store accross the street has armed security I never seen that and i lived in trenton NJ a real ghetto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 05:12 AM

51 posts, read 412,838 times
I love reading about what people from NC think is expensive. I live in a suburban part of NJ, not in any city by any means. Just a medium-sized community. I have a 41 year old 900 sq ft condo that is averaging right now about $180k and on top of that we have home owners association fees of about $430 a month, plus the taxes on my little condo with no land are almost $3k a year. So when I look down to NC and see a single family house on an acre of land for less than my condo costs, that is incredibly cheap! Just to give you an idea, my parents live across town from me (same town), on half an acre in a 36 year old house that is about 2000 sq ft. The going price around them is $475k and they pay about $9600 a year in taxes.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:26 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,159,963 times
Yes, bull136, Mini-City is a ghetto. I lived right behind the Food Lion for 8 years.

Lowe's Foods also has to use armed security every night. My son was front end lead at Lowe's for several years, and they had a lot of theft.

North raleigh is comprised of many sub-areas. Some are good, some are average, and some are a very poor choice.

Riverstone just built Millbrook Green Apts right behind Target, next to a complex that just had a murder apparently related to an apt being used for drug distribution.

The Riverstone management wants over $900 for a 2BR in Mini-City. Wonder what brand they're smoking in the leasing office.

When looking from out-of-state, be sure to get good local opinions before buying or leasing. You can't simply generalize that a particular part of town is a good or a bad choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary