Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 01:03 PM

2,863 posts, read 4,667,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeniceBound View Post
I just have to ask why?
Ignorance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 01:10 PM

4,477 posts, read 11,599,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
The numbers between two sources cited immediately above don't match. The Town of Cary release says the current office space is 15,000 sq ft.
It sounds like they only occupy about half of their current building (7977 sf out of 15,000 sf).

The new facility will be ~40,000 SF:

Quote:
The initial procurement advertisement for 39,422 RSF of office and related space in a specifically established delineated area in Cary, NC was posted on FedBizOps website.
http://www.townofcary.org/Assets/Town+Manager$!27s+Office/icecarytimeline.pdf

Old 07-01-2011, 02:04 PM

700 posts, read 1,642,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Where's the town with the chocolate covered unicorns? That's the place I'm after.
It comes after the prescription drug abuse. If it was happening in Durham. It would be supported and already there.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:12 PM

700 posts, read 1,642,921 times
Default Escape From Cary!!

Title of my next film. I am going to have it take place in a post greenhouse world. It will have Eric Estrada as the star. He will be a wrongly acussed CHIP that is sent into the prison town of Cary. He will be trying to save the famed virgin unicorn from a band of convicts that are hold up with the magic wish to make all roses and sunshine. I may go 3-D with it.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:40 AM

Another update from: Get the Facts - ICE in Cary (http://www.townofcary.org/Departments/Administration/pio/factsheet-caryice.htm - broken link)

Quote:
The General Services Administration has extended its two week pause -- originally set from June 30-July 15 -- to July 20. The pause in the finalization of the Cary ICE lease action is so GSA may address community questions. The meeting is as follows:

Federal Government’s Community Meeting about the ICE Facility Relocation
Thursday, July 14, 2011
5 p.m.
Green Hope Elementary School gymnasium, 2750 Louis Stephens

Representatives from the General Services Administration as well as the Department of Homeland Security will be on hand to update citizens and answer questions.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:20 AM

9,141 posts, read 14,715,987 times
It will be interesting to see what happens at the meeting. Hopefully they will disclose any other properties under consideration.

I also saw in the paper that Kroger is the owner of the old store and the rest of the center is owned by another developer. I'd be really interested to know what their position is on this.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
It will be interesting to see what happens at the meeting. Hopefully they will disclose any other properties under consideration.

I also saw in the paper that Kroger is the owner of the old store and the rest of the center is owned by another developer. I'd be really interested to know what their position is on this.
I do feel bad for the people in West Park whose houses are right next to the building. And no, it's not because there will be "immigrants" there - I wouldn't like any sort of prisoner processing/transfer station in my backyard! And unfortunately that's just the sort of thing that has to go on a disclosure form when you sell your house.

edit: Some more good info here http://stopcaryicenow.org/faq/index.php?faq=ice-kroger-info (broken link)

Quote:
What is Kroger's involvement in this?

As of this date, the vacant store is still owned by Kroger, and they have been attempting to sell the property for some time now.

Due to the complexity associated with developing and leasing such a site, and also because of the rules and requirements the US government has for interacting with commercial entities wishing to develop and operate a DHS/ICE facility, Kroger is not in a position to lease the building directly to ICE, and is in the process of selling the building to Acquest Development, LLC, who is a commercial developer located in Williamsville, NY. Acquest is the party who is making arrangements to lease the building to the ICE (or what is more likely the case) DHS/ICE's subcontractor.

It is thought at this time that Kroger's sales agent has entered into a sales contract with Acquest which is an offer to buy that is contingent upon the GSA's decision to award the overall development contract to Acquest. Once the GSA makes the award, Acquest will complete the transaction with Kroger.
So, I guess it's not a done deal quite yet!

Last edited by adlnc07; 07-07-2011 at 10:45 AM..

Old 07-07-2011, 11:38 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,894,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
I wouldn't like any sort of prisoner processing/transfer station in my backyard! And unfortunately that's just the sort of thing that has to go on a disclosure form when you sell your house.
Really? I've never heard of such a requirement.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Really? I've never heard of such a requirement.
Well maybe not a "requirement" as in a legal one - but more to cover your backside. I could see a contract falling through if the buyer found out about it at the last minute. I'm thinking more of the houses that are directly adjacent to the location, not the whole neighborhood. I could be wrong though.

Probably a good question for one of the realtors who hang out around here!

Old 07-07-2011, 12:12 PM

379 posts, read 957,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
Well maybe not a "requirement" as in a legal one - but more to cover your backside. I could see a contract falling through if the buyer found out about it at the last minute. I'm thinking more of the houses that are directly adjacent to the location, not the whole neighborhood. I could be wrong though.

Probably a good question for one of the realtors who hang out around here!

I'm NOT a realtor, however, I found this document online as it pertains to disclosures. Refer to pg. 11-12 specifically.

http://www.ncrec.state.nc.us/pdf/Lic...klet/rules.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary