U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Thread summary:

Wake Forest vs. Cary/Morrisville: cul-de-sacs, subdivisions, strip malls, soccer practice

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 09:40 AM

33 posts, read 4,989 times

Advertisements

Hey, I'm surprised with everyone on this forum that I did not receive even one post. Any opinions on the difference in the towns, personal opions. I have already searched the web sites for info now I need personal opinions.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2006, 11:00 AM

5,660 posts, read 18,368,130 times
There's a single sub-forum set up for the Raleigh-Durham Metro Area. You should get plenty of reponses there.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/raleigh-metro-area/

Old 09-01-2006, 11:02 AM

33 posts, read 81,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by startpackinn View Post
Hey, I'm surprised with everyone on this forum that I did not receive even one post. Any opinions on the difference in the towns, personal opions. I have already searched the web sites for info now I need personal opinions.
Thanks
Don't feel bad, I asked for opinions on the Burlington and Graham area and no one answered that either. I think that when people have an opinion on this forum you will hear it! I took it as there was no opinion within the group that is doing the writing. Could be wrong! Just a thought. Good luck.

Old 09-01-2006, 11:25 AM

1,531 posts, read 5,279,900 times
^That's true.

For this topic, the question is about their differences. Well...there aren't hardly any. Cary, Morrisville, Wake Forest....they're all just suburbs of Raleigh.

A suburb is a suburb....they're all pretty much the same. Cul-de-sacs and subdivisions, strip malls, minivans, soccer practice, white fences, cookie-cutter houses. What else is there? Seen one, you've seen them all.

Granted Cary is known to be a bit militant about it...I call it the "Stepford of the South". But otherwise, nothing else to say, really.

Old 09-04-2006, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by li23 View Post
Don't feel bad, I asked for opinions on the Burlington and Graham area and no one answered that either. I think that when people have an opinion on this forum you will hear it! I took it as there was no opinion within the group that is doing the writing. Could be wrong! Just a thought. Good luck.
Hey... I think I just got my reputation taken down a notch for this one...
I have thanked everyone for their helpful suggestions all along the way, I was just trying to help them understand it was nothing personal... wow

Old 09-04-2006, 02:42 PM

10,010 posts, read 12,263,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by li23 View Post
Hey... I think I just got my reputation taken down a notch for this one...
I have thanked everyone for their helpful suggestions all along the way, I was just trying to help them understand it was nothing personal... wow
If they dont like your opinion they will hit your reps, I mentioned that I didnt like NC after being there a year and my reps went down. mentioned I love AZ now and NC was expensive, reps went down. unfortunate but true.

Old 09-04-2006, 03:33 PM

1,611 posts, read 3,290,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighRob View Post
^That's true.

For this topic, the question is about their differences. Well...there aren't hardly any. Cary, Morrisville, Wake Forest....they're all just suburbs of Raleigh.

A suburb is a suburb....they're all pretty much the same. Cul-de-sacs and subdivisions, strip malls, minivans, soccer practice, white fences, cookie-cutter houses. What else is there? Seen one, you've seen them all.

Granted Cary is known to be a bit militant about it...I call it the "Stepford of the South". But otherwise, nothing else to say, really.
I find that there is more to Wake Forest than that, which is why we chose it. The heart of the town is the Soiutheastern Baptist Seminary. It is smack dab in the center of town and you pass it to get to Route 98 or Route 1. There is a small main street with a fun coffeeshop & some great shops with local items that make great gifts, as well as a small hardware store and a tea shop I am looking forward to trying out. there is even an old fashioned ice cream parlor. There is a farmer's market every weekend. The town pool was lots of fun for us this summer. The town has a beautiful historical district- my husband walked the dog there this morning & it was buzzing with activity. It is true that for most shopping & stuff we head over to Capital to Lowes or Target, but our area is a true town that we stop at several times a week and pass through every day.

Old 09-04-2006, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsbabe1 View Post
If they dont like your opinion they will hit your reps, I mentioned that I didnt like NC after being there a year and my reps went down. mentioned I love AZ now and NC was expensive, reps went down. unfortunate but true.
thanks, now I don't feel so bad!

Old 09-04-2006, 08:13 PM

10,419 posts, read 18,085,197 times
From a Realtor's point of view...I think Cary is more expensive than Wake Forest. Cary is more congested than Wake Forest. Cary has more people than Wake Forest. Cary and Wake Forest are both Wake county schools. What else would you like to know? Vicki

Old 09-04-2006, 08:15 PM

10,419 posts, read 18,085,197 times
oh yhea...I have a question. I never knew your reputations could be messed with. So tell me this...how would I know if someone had been tampering with it? And just because you don't agree with someone, you can take away from their rep? What if the same person just never agrees with anyone and HE keeps taking reps away...wouldn't they figure it out? I never knew. Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary