Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 11:57 PM

40 posts, read 65,349 times

Advertisements

Which Library in Wake County is the best in terms of selection and atmosphere?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 05:46 AM

1,751 posts, read 3,687,840 times
I've only visited a few so far but here are my preferences,

Best: West Regional
Second: Cameron Village Regional,
Third: Leesville Community Library,
Fourth: Cary Community Library

Keep in mind the Regional Libraries are always going to be bigger. West Regional is very new, nice, well stocked, well staffed and well used! Leesville is new also but I didn't care for the layout of the space. I didn't see any reason to return to Cary.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:22 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,819,944 times
The Cameron Village branch used to be the "main" branch (well, the the actual main branch downtown closed) and probably still has the best in terms of reference materials, etc. But as far as just fiction, etc, it would stand to reason that the larger the floor space, the larger the selection, so the newer regional branches would win out. I wouldn't be surprised if the Wake Co library web page mentions something somewhere about the collection size in each branch?

Of course, you can browse online and get any branch to send something to another, so in one sense, it is moot, unless you're the type who does a lot of browsing for whatever you happen to come across that day.

Old 07-09-2011, 04:12 PM

40 posts, read 65,349 times
Hey thanks for the replies!
I'll check out West Regional
and Cameron Village Regional first.
I checked the Wake Co library web page
before starting this thread
but no luck on the collection size
which is exactly what I'm trying to find out.
Thanks guys.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:08 PM

1,751 posts, read 3,687,840 times
If you want to know collection size and circulation stats...ask a librarian!

There should be a way on the website to send a text/email/chat to a WC Public Librarian to ask.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:50 PM

320 posts, read 1,069,874 times
The "best" is also going to be the closest to you. (North Regional is the "best" for me.) As for circulation sizes, any of the branches will get you the book you want and have it transferred to their location for you to pick up.

Last edited by Sloaf; 07-10-2011 at 12:51 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-10-2011, 06:35 PM
ERH

1,699 posts, read 2,529,578 times
West Regional is, by far, the best one IMHO. Tons of space, not too crowded (busy but not as crowded/cramped as Cameron Village), and best of all? The library's design is a square U, where the entrance/lobby is the bottom, the adult section (and HUGE collection of computers) is on one side and the noisy kids section is on the OTHER side. Love it!

Eva Perry Regional in Apex off Highway 64 is probably my second favorite, then North Regional. If you head to Eva Perry, be sure to approach it from the west (Highway 55 to Highway 64) instead of coming from the Tryon Road/Raleigh area. (or make a u-turn somewhere). You take your life in your hands trying to turn left in that fustercluck of a turn lane into Shepherd's Vineyard. Oy vey!

Old 07-10-2011, 06:48 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,822,963 times
I was told North Regional has the most book volume going in and out of the library in the county. I'd assume this means they have a good selection as well.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:23 PM

242 posts, read 594,051 times
My favorite is the West Regional Library.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:16 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,900,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERH View Post
West Regional is, by far, the best one IMHO. Tons of space, not too crowded (busy but not as crowded/cramped as Cameron Village), and best of all? The library's design is a square U, where the entrance/lobby is the bottom, the adult section (and HUGE collection of computers) is on one side and the noisy kids section is on the OTHER side. Love it!

Eva Perry Regional in Apex off Highway 64 is probably my second favorite, then North Regional. If you head to Eva Perry, be sure to approach it from the west (Highway 55 to Highway 64) instead of coming from the Tryon Road/Raleigh area. (or make a u-turn somewhere). You take your life in your hands trying to turn left in that fustercluck of a turn lane into Shepherd's Vineyard. Oy vey!
North Regional is really nice.

I also like Eva Perry.

Cameron can be a tad cramped.

And everyone should visit Olivia Raney and just look around...

Gonna have to go visit West Regional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary