U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-15-2011, 09:53 AM

181 posts, read 253,387 times
It's funny you mention that....when we bought the home we live in here in Apex, the master bedroom/bath were painted a very heinous shade of rose--it looked like a mobster bordello. We made the builders paint both rooms.....BEIGE like the rest of the home...hahahahahahahahahaha....the ceilings in this home are very high and it's open concept, so it sort of has to be the same color everywhere on the main level. We ACTUALLY like it...hee....
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 09:59 AM

9,064 posts, read 18,327,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by librarySue View Post
Where the H were they when I was house hunting? Viewers would be shocked by the story of the hapless New York transplant who picked the....very very very tiny cottage in the woods ITB. Even my moving man could not believe it. "Where is your master bedroom? What do you mean, you don't have one?"

^^

I'm starting to think you could be the star of your own reality show.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:14 AM

1,025 posts, read 1,924,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by librarySue View Post
Where the H were they when I was house hunting? Viewers would be shocked by the story of the hapless New York transplant who picked the....very very very tiny cottage in the woods ITB. Even my moving man could not believe it. "Where is your master bedroom? What do you mean, you don't have one?"
And WE chose the ranch house near Duke that has burn-scarred formica counters and knotty pine paneling. and teeny tiny closets and bathrooms. What were we thinking??

Old 07-15-2011, 10:17 AM

3,436 posts, read 6,210,411 times
I chose the house in Oxxford Hunt with rose colored cultured marble and gold fixtures in the master bath! Not to mention the battleship grey Formica kitchen counters!

Old 07-15-2011, 10:23 AM

10,354 posts, read 17,413,853 times
Buyers WANT everything today! Buying a home is a process and buyers learn as they go. The reality is more like Property Virgins. Buyers have to be educated to what they can and can't have. It is possible to get what you want...within reason.

Keep in mind that these "Reality" shows are somewhat scripted. For example...In House Hunters, the buyers have already purchased their home (that is why they usually choose the home with no furniture) and they go back to look at 2 other homes, already knowing which one they have purchased.

In some of the other shows, the "Open House" is filmed on a Tuesday (no one really holds Open Houses on Tuesday, do they?!!) so family and friends are invited to be the "potential buyers".

Still, I watch House Hunters every night!!! Hubby keeps saying..."don't you get enough of that during the day?"!!!

Vicki

Old 07-15-2011, 10:32 AM

1,228 posts, read 2,309,249 times
does anyone know when this episode replays?

Old 07-15-2011, 11:56 AM

1,752 posts, read 1,783,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
^^

I'm starting to think you could be the star of your own reality show.
Instead of House Hunters I need to be on Head Shrinkers.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:14 PM

130 posts, read 186,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
For example...In House Hunters, the buyers have already purchased their home (that is why they usually choose the home with no furniture) and they go back to look at 2 other homes, already knowing which one they have purchased.

Still, I watch House Hunters every night!!!
Me too, and I don't know why. I like HH International more though...

Did not know that about the fact that they tape it post-purchase. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since the buyers ALWAYS get the house they want with no inspection "issues" or competing bidders, etc.

flamtap

Old 07-15-2011, 12:16 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,504,090 times
So house hunters is like the pro wrestling of HGTV :-p

Old 07-15-2011, 01:05 PM

1,752 posts, read 1,783,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Keep in mind that these "Reality" shows are somewhat scripted. For example...In House Hunters, the buyers have already purchased their home (that is why they usually choose the home with no furniture) and they go back to look at 2 other homes, already knowing which one they have purchased.

Vicki
I always wondered how they did that! It seems that ALL the homes are vacant. Why would they do that? Only show us the 3 houses in the area that are already vacant? So we are not actually seeing their top three, just the one they bought plus two other comps that just happen to be vacant? And of course no one EVER just looks at three houses, do they? (Well, actually I did this time, but I had been looking a long time and knew exactly what I was looking for.)

Never really rang true for me, now I know why.

I also enjoy International more, I guess because it is even that much farther removed from reality.

I like the Sell this House types of things more, got a lot of good staging advice off of those. And the Open Houses always seemed fakey to me.

I love houses. I would sell real estate if it weren't for the bloody finance side of it. Hate all that number crunching and paper shuffling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary