U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 09:45 AM

11,151 posts, read 8,923,944 times

You know -- I'm preeeeeeeeeeeeeetty sure I've mentioned before that there's an entire House Hunters thread over in the TV forum. There's also a thread for Property Virgins, and an older thread asking How real are HGTV shows.

General discussions of those shows belong in the TV forum, please. Let's keep this thread focused on the local episode.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 11:34 AM

3,234 posts, read 2,685,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabster View Post
The part that made us laugh while watching it was when she looked down and said she liked the hardwood floors, was then told they were laminate and then replied, in disappointment, that she really wanted hardwoods.
I thought that was funny too. The floors in that house were actually some if the nicer looking laminate that appeared to be the individual pieces rather than 3 "pieces" on one larger piece like some of the lower end.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:35 AM

598 posts, read 988,299 times
Didn't watch the episode, but with everyone mentioning $225k for a townhouse? Seems a little high, unless it's somewhere near ITB I guess... we just bought a single family home in Cary for far less, is Raleigh that much more expensive?

Old 07-19-2011, 01:33 PM

2,078 posts, read 4,313,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boudin View Post
looks like draymoor manor
The house they bought was definetely in Draymoor Manor (intersection of Leesville and Westgate, just south of 540). I live on the other side of Leesville from that sub. That is the only water tower in the area that looks like that and the townhouse they bought looks exactly like the ones in that sub as well.

Looks like they were looking in the NW section of Raleigh.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:31 AM

773 posts, read 103,367 times
Default Apex, Holly Springs & North Raleigh on House Hunters last night

Apex was highlighted on a brand new House Hunters last night, 12/03/2011. Homes looked at were in Holly Springs, Apex and North Raleigh. The guy picked the one in Holly Springs. They had several shots of downtown Apex.

The guy was a goofy kid, but he got himself a deal. Good for him.

BY THE WAY - This was a NEW episode, not related to the one originally posted in this thread.

Mod note: Same show / different episodes -- no need for a new thread.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 12-04-2011 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: Added comment because thread was moved to old thread on a different episode

Old 12-04-2011, 09:25 AM

6,056 posts, read 8,546,115 times
Here is the full episode, online, of the original HGTV episode discussed in this thread.

A First Home in Raleigh, NC : Video : Home & Garden Television

The bright color they repainted the master bedroom and bath is a hoot.

Last edited by lovebrentwood; 12-04-2011 at 10:02 AM..

Old 12-04-2011, 09:28 AM

1,832 posts, read 2,825,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
Apex was highlighted on a brand new House Hunters last night, 12/03/2011. Homes looked at were in Holly Springs, Apex and North Raleigh. The guy picked the one in Holly Springs. They had several shots of downtown Apex.

The guy was a goofy kid, but he got himself a deal. Good for him.

BY THE WAY - This was a NEW episode, not related to the one originally posted in this thread.

I saw that one, too! I was amazed and impressed that a SFH could still be gotten in the area on that budget. Wonder which school he works for--St. Mary Magdalene? I knew right off he wouldn't be picking the N. Raleigh just because it's so far.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Here is the full episode, online, of the original HGTV episode discussed in this thread.

A First Home in Raleigh, NC : Video : Home & Garden Television

The bright color they repainted the master bedroom and bath is a hoot.
No, that is the one in the original OP. I started a new thread on the new episode from last night focusing on Apex, which is not the one in the OP. It got moved here.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesg View Post
I saw that one, too! I was amazed and impressed that a SFH could still be gotten in the area on that budget. Wonder which school he works for--St. Mary Magdalene? I knew right off he wouldn't be picking the N. Raleigh just because it's so far.
I know. They found 3 single family homes for next to nothing. I was amazed as well, but then wondered just how low are prices dropping. The home in North Raleigh was just as cheap too. Go figure.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:28 AM

3,234 posts, read 2,685,146 times
Also, yesterday, Aviator Brewing in Fuquay tweeted that HH International had just been filming at their brewery pub for part of an episode. It will probably air in a few months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary