Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2011, 07:38 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,088,540 times

Advertisements

I have a friend who is turning 40. She has everything and has far better taste than I in everything. So, some friends were thinking of having some kind of fun delivery at the restaurant where we're going Saturday evening. I need ideas.

Here's what I'm hoping for: 1) ideas for fun restaurants for couples who have kids but get to have a dinner out without the kids, and 2) some kind of fun delivery at the restaurant (like a singing telegram type of thing) or 3) something totally fun and new and different that we can do. We're thinking outrageous and silly (probably not a stripper though) that we can do for a dear friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 07:41 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
If you could get North Raleigh Guy to come by with his trombone for a Happy Birthday solo, I think it would be fun and memorable. I hear he works for beer...

Old 07-27-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
If you could get North Raleigh Guy to come by with his trombone for a Happy Birthday solo, I think it would be fun and memorable. I hear he works for beer...
Omigosh,that gave me a nice laugh out loud...literally! If I could get him to do a candy-gram at the same time, that would be perfect .

Old 07-27-2011, 08:12 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,594,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annesg View Post
I have a friend who is turning 40. She has everything and has far better taste than I in everything.
So that means you need to go totally tasteless for the whole party. Have dinner at McDonalds. . . . go bowling. . . . . wine from a cardboard box. . .

Old 07-27-2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
So that means you need to go totally tasteless for the whole party. Have dinner at McDonalds. . . . go bowling. . . . . wine from a cardboard box. . .
OMG...it would be perfect if she wouldn't grin and bear it

Old 07-28-2011, 10:48 AM

289 posts, read 489,288 times
Your candygram idea made me think of the old SNL skit of Land Shark-- I'm totally shpwing my age here. Wonder if you could have someone dress up as a shark and deliver a Candy Gram?! (maybe you and your friend were too young to remember this skit-- but it would be funny!) Or I like the idea of going totally tasteless. My BIL had a "Green Leisure Suit" party where everyone dressed 70's-- that would be funny to go out to dinner like that...

Old 07-28-2011, 03:03 PM

521 posts, read 1,598,225 times
Wiffle bat parties are a big thing these days and something I've been meaning to try out. Basically, you buy a whole bunch of wiffle bats (here's 12 for $45) and pass them out to the people at the party, and let 'em go to town. Since they're made of light plastic, you can wail on each other pretty hard without causing too much injury.

I caught a peek of a wiffle bat party in the private dining lounge at The Pit in downtown Raleigh. They looked like they were having a blast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary