Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 06:34 AM

425 posts, read 1,256,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danwilsonbsee View Post
sorry - 75F and beautiful in Portland today (and all week)

Of course my friends back in Raleigh & the east coast et al aren't happy to know that when I remind them. They'll be laughing at me again in December though haha.
The weather in Portland is the exact reason we are trying to move there! I'm looking forward to that move when it happens! Just trying to stay indoors as much as possible right now! :O)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 01:15 PM

233 posts, read 269,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwalker View Post
Everywhere!!

As you can see below, the two hottest places right now are VA & NC.....

How do you figure? According to your map the southwest is the hottest.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:11 PM

4,302 posts, read 5,982,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeniceBound View Post
How do you figure? According to your map the southwest is the hottest.
Check the timestamp on the map...it's a live-updating image (essentially current time), so what you're seeing now isn't what it was when they posted it.

We were the hottest back at the time of the original post. Of course, it was just before noon our time when the post was made and thus still only 9-10 AM out west, so they hadn't had a chance to get fully warmed up yet.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:19 PM

378 posts, read 974,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolligrump View Post
The weather in Portland is the exact reason we are trying to move there! I'm looking forward to that move when it happens! Just trying to stay indoors as much as possible right now! :O)

It's pretty amazing here now but missing the sun from November to April is pretty tough - think twice if you're a sun worshiper. My wife is from Raleigh and she just about had it here in March, the constant rain and clouds are tough to deal with. But I grew up in Detroit so I'm just thrilled not shoveling.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:28 PM

700 posts, read 1,645,710 times
It is funny how people think that the suicide rate would be higher in Washington State due to the weather. Fact is they rank 35 and North Carolina ranks 27. Guess we just fall out of those windows more because they are open all the time.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:34 PM

233 posts, read 269,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
Check the timestamp on the map...it's a live-updating image (essentially current time), so what you're seeing now isn't what it was when they posted it.

We were the hottest back at the time of the original post. Of course, it was just before noon our time when the post was made and thus still only 9-10 AM out west, so they hadn't had a chance to get fully warmed up yet.
I didn't realize that. Thx

It was funny watching the news last night when they said we are in for a cool down into the mid to upper 90's next week.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:48 PM

425 posts, read 1,256,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwilsonbsee View Post
It's pretty amazing here now but missing the sun from November to April is pretty tough - think twice if you're a sun worshiper. My wife is from Raleigh and she just about had it here in March, the constant rain and clouds are tough to deal with. But I grew up in Detroit so I'm just thrilled not shoveling.
Thank you for the, "Fair Warning"! Lived in AZ for the first 40 some years of my life, then TX and now the Raleigh area and believe me, I know HOT! I simply love drizzle and rain so I'm ready to tackle all that Oregon can give me.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:58 AM

126 posts, read 314,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwalker View Post
Dry Heat! What planet are you from, this is worse than the tropics, and I've spent plenty of time in the tropics to know? Dry heat is when the dew point is somewhere well south of 50, not ~ 70 and above. With temps in the triple digits, dew points above 70, and humidity above 75% this is the armpit of America IMO, especially the past two summers.....please take me west of the Rockies..
When I posted this post - it was 97º in Durham and 29% humidity - no need to be snarky - I was trying to make light of it, 'armpit of the south' as you say or not.
Summer heat brings out the best in folks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary