U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 07-29-2011, 07:58 AM

27 posts, read 24,283 times
Default Raleigh/Cary and Trinity Road - questions

What is the difference between Raleigh and Cary ? Is living on Trinity road in Raleigh at the border safe for a black single woman? Is the police
department racist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 07-30-2011, 09:46 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,898,823 times
not sure what you mean by 'difference between raleigh and cary' they are two separate towns...

trinity road is safe enough, as far as i know. though you might have a high population of college kids in the area. events at the fair grounds or stadium can make traffic a nightmare in certain areas over there.

racism really is not a problem here, despite the constant questions about it.

Unread 07-30-2011, 09:49 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,037,670 times
This seems like a really odd question...

Unread 07-30-2011, 09:58 AM

1,312 posts, read 1,815,925 times
Trinity road is pretty family oriented down where it goes from Raleigh to Cary. There are some older neighborhoods there and at least one new neighborhood. I pass through there daily (and live off Trinity Rd a little further into Raleigh) and it's always quiet. I don't think you'll have any problems.

Unread 07-30-2011, 11:11 AM

@ big Joe it is a need one as this is the south not meaning offend anyone. Thanks to every that gave their honesty.

Unread 07-30-2011, 11:39 AM

459 posts, read 522,413 times
Completely unrelated to your question but I wish Cary would build the connector (http://www.townofcary.org/Departments/Engineering/Engineering_Projects/Cary_Parkway_Extension_Map.htm - broken link) from Cary Parkway to Trinity Road. There are so few useful alternatives to I-40 around here.

Unread 07-30-2011, 11:42 AM

But tell something that can help in my relocation

Unread 07-30-2011, 12:25 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,037,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzJazzy View Post
@ big Joe it is a need one as this is the south not meaning offend anyone. Thanks to every that gave their honesty.
Oh MzJazzy I completely understand. I just find the idea of asking random people on the internet about safety a real odd one. I've said it several times in many many other posts but asking if an area is safe is not really a fair question. The responses you're going to get are going to be based on an individuals pereption of safety. There are areas in Raleigh/Cary where I may feel completely safe and you would be uncomfortable and vice versa. My best suggestion would be to ride through the areas you are considering moving to at different times of the day and night. Thats really the best way to gain your own opinion on if an area is safe.

Good luck and welcome to the area!

Unread 07-30-2011, 12:42 PM

11,151 posts, read 8,456,686 times
Quote:
But tell something that can help in my relocation
It would help if you could be more specific about what information you need.

What do you want to know about Cary vs. Raleigh? Housing costs? Neighborhoods? Jobs? Schools? Transportation?

Safety, as BiggJoe has said, is relative. I'm sure someone can provide crime statistics, but only you can decide what those numbers mean for you.

Is the police department racist? I don't know how to even begin to answer that kind of question.

Quote:
@ big Joe it is a need one as this is the south not meaning offend anyone.
The South ≠ racist .....

Unread 07-30-2011, 12:58 PM

Dark u answer with truth and all the above is what I am asking. @Joe true but safety is just that either it is a racist environment or not I think ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary