U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-03-2006, 07:37 PM

4,911 posts, read 7,325,072 times
Default Holly Springs dog park?!?

Does anyone know if there is any truth to the rumors that Holly Springs is considering opening up a dog park in the near future? Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 09:39 AM

4 posts, read 14,542 times
Did anyone confirm if there is a dog park in Holly Springs? If not, I'd be up for helping to organize one. I also have a large fenced back yard (in Sunset Lake) and can offer to host scheduled doggie play dates.

Also, did the 4loveofK9 folks ever move here? I have dogs rather than kids and am always looking to meet new friends with similar interests.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:18 PM

23 posts, read 8,134 times
Default wondering too

I emailed Mayor Sears asking if they would consider putting one in the new Jones Park opening behind the school on Holly Springs Road, and said it would be so nice since there are some small water areas and shady spots, and he said he is supportive and suggested that I send a letter to the editor of the Holly Springs Sun. I emailed a letter and subscribed to the paper but never heard back or even started getting the paper yet.
Anyone know if it got published? Lori Verni emailed me that she thought they'd publish it -
I've been taking my dog there to run around and now they've started building there and I am really hoping it will happen, it would be so perfect

Old 01-11-2008, 01:13 PM

Default Holly Springs Dog Park

I will try writing to the Sun as well and see if that does any good.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:50 PM

jaymeinman,
Thanks!!!!!

Old 01-14-2008, 04:59 PM

Default Not much happening I think...

Well, I found out they did publish my letter in the Holly Springs Sun and I emailed Mayor Sears again and he said support is growing and that he'd pass my comments along to Town Council. I googled Holly Springs dog park and it looks like they discussed it in two meetings back in 2002.
I kind of wonder if some sort of petition might help?? I just don't know what to do, and honestly, I don't think I'm the sort of person who can make things happen. Helppppp
It's just too far to drive to the other dog parks during the work week, and like I say, Jones Park would be so perfect if it's not too late.
I'd be happy to help in any way if someone could tell me what to do!

Old 01-28-2008, 09:09 AM

I have to confess that I don't know much about influencing city government, either. A petition sounds like a great idea, but again, I'm not sure how to circulate it for signatures... I live in the Sunset Lake neighborhood and could probably get signatures there through the Home Owners Assn; however, Sunset Lake is officially in Fuquay rather than Holly Springs, so perhaps our "votes" don't count. At a minimum, maybe you and I and any other interested dog owner could get together for some doggie play dates? I can volunteer my big back yard. Let me know if interested.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:01 AM

40 posts, read 67,475 times
Where are the nearest Dog Parks/Dog Runs? We live in HS and just adopted a dog. We would love to take her to a dog park.

Also, which regular parks are the best to take dogs?

Old 11-02-2008, 10:24 AM

214 posts, read 612,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingBklyn View Post
Where are the nearest Dog Parks/Dog Runs? We live in HS and just adopted a dog. We would love to take her to a dog park.

Also, which regular parks are the best to take dogs?
Here is a link for all the listings of dog parks in NC...

North Carolina Dog Fun Listings

Old 11-02-2008, 06:32 PM

40 posts, read 67,475 times
that is awsome! Thank you so much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary