Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 06:21 PM

43 posts, read 100,550 times

Advertisements

Do you think it would be a pro or a con to have a home that backs up to a greenway? I always thought it was a good thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 06:47 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,259,536 times
Generally a good thing. But like everything else, it depends. Were you there first and then a greenway was built? Did you have and enjoy your privacy, but now you can't? Or do you love running/biking and now have no excuse to exercise.

I would be less inclined to like it being built after I was established. But if I moved and was able to set up everything to compliment it, I would like it.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:07 PM

1,155 posts, read 2,236,855 times
I think some would love it and others would hate it. For me, it would be a plus!

Old 08-10-2011, 05:29 AM

310 posts, read 575,599 times
For me easy access to a greenbelt would be a big plus, but it would not necessarily have to back up to the greenbelt. If it did back to the greenbelt I would want some depth and tree cover to afford some privacy. If everyone on the greenbelt could stare into my back yard I wouldn't be happy, but then I have no idea why some people consider it a big plus to have people strolling through their yard hitting golf balls.

I recently bought a house in Summerfield North where a new greenbelt is planned (although it's recently been delayed a year). I'm looking forward to it since I'll use it quite a bit and I will across and down the street from an entrance. Evidently there was quite the brouhaha a couple years ago when it was being planned with people not wanting it going through their yard. I can't say I blame them since there isn't much room back there. I'm glad the greenbelt will be there, but also glad that it will be across the street.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:25 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,936,310 times
Like a lot of real estate questions, it depends on where you live and what's nearby.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:33 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
In my experience, most will like it and a few will not. More folks will like it if there is a type of buffer between the backyard and the path. I have seen many homes that back to the greenway, fenced, with a gate to the path.

Vicki

Old 08-10-2011, 07:46 AM

4,478 posts, read 11,619,072 times
I'd have to have a decent size privacy fence between me and the greenway, but other than that I wouldn't mind it.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:52 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,815,133 times
Call me picky, but that is just one of many dealbreakers for me concerning a lot. I want as private a backyard as I can find and afford.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:56 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,864,425 times
I share that sentiment too. But it is something that people either like or dislike but, in my opinion having public access to the rear of home increases security concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
Call me picky, but that is just one of many dealbreakers for me concerning a lot. I want as private a backyard as I can find and afford.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:14 PM

43,280 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermat View Post
I share that sentiment too. But it is something that people either like or dislike but, in my opinion having public access to the rear of home increases security concerns.
"I tend to agree," says the guy with the railroad track out back...

I have seen homes with greenway nearby, and not adjacent, and that has appeal.
I showed a house in Cary several months ago, and the Black Creek Greenway is now about 50 feet from the back door, across open yard.
Definitely NOT a plus, I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary