U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 07:15 AM

4,898 posts, read 10,443,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post
No other gym compares to Lifetime Fitness in Cary off Regency Pkwy. It costs $59/month but well worth it.
Wow. They'd have to do my exercising for me for that price

The gym that I go to is $10/mo and has everything that I need, but unfortunately I will be losing my access to it at the end of the month.

Does anyone go to Anytime Fitness at the corner of Penny Rd and Kildaire Farm Rd in Cary? All I need is a locker room to change (no shower needed) and free weights (no cardio equipment or pool needed).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 07:55 AM

100 posts, read 166,447 times
We are also members at Life Time in Cary and would highly recommend it. It is pricier than a Gold's but the quality and offerings are much better. They are running a special right now through their team members--pm me if you're interested and I can get you the details.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:27 AM

7,474 posts, read 14,754,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnheel View Post
How much is this a month?
I pay $39.00, but I've been a member for 5 years. Don't know what the rate is now!

Old 08-15-2011, 09:43 AM

8,178 posts, read 10,795,785 times
Just be aware that all gyms have the best new-member rates in January, so if you find one, you should probably wait until then to switch, for best deals.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:05 AM

2,108 posts, read 4,034,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adb71 View Post
We are also members at Life Time in Cary and would highly recommend it. It is pricier than a Gold's but the quality and offerings are much better. They are running a special right now through their team members--pm me if you're interested and I can get you the details.
FWIW - The Gold's in the Triangle are converting to a new group - Fitness Connection. I doubt they'll move upscale, but the Pleasant Valley gym works for me.

Frank

Old 08-15-2011, 10:06 AM

8,178 posts, read 10,795,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankpc View Post
FWIW - The Gold's in the Triangle are converting to a new group - Fitness Connection. I doubt they'll move upscale, but the Pleasant Valley gym works for me.
The OP already said they currently belong to Gold's/Fitness Connection and are looking for a change. As a member of G/FC myself, I can relate.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:16 PM

325 posts, read 382,139 times
+1 for Lifetime Fitness in Cary.

It's one of the more expensive gyms @ ~$60 a month. But you get what you pay for as they say.

I've been going there 2 plus years steady. I take a lot of the fitness classes. So if you go to a couple of those a week, it beats paying for personal trainers at 60-70 per hour instead and the gym pays for itself.

Very clean, large facility that has tons of equiptment. Huge indoor and outdoor pools.

I was a member of the cheaper $20-30 month gyms, and there's just a huge difference in Lifetime to me.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:58 PM

103 posts, read 163,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankpc View Post

Frank
So many local gyms have closed in the Triangle over the past decade and now Gold's seems to be next. I visited O2 with a friend and the place was empty so i'd be very wary there too.

I've been very happy at Lifestyle Family Fitness and would only consider another national chain such as Lifetime if i ever switched. I don't see the value in paying for bells & whistles at Lifetime that i don't use and had to park a mile away on a visit with my friend.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:09 AM

4,898 posts, read 10,443,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMortgageGuy View Post
. . . . . and had to park a mile away on a visit with my friend.
But you're going there to exercise right? Probably walking on the treadmill? An extra 100 yards would be good for you

It's like those people who spend 10 minutes circling the mall parking lot looking for a parking space close to the door. You're going to spend the next hour walking around the mall, so what's the point

Old 08-16-2011, 09:08 PM

103 posts, read 163,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
But you're going there to exercise right? Probably walking on the treadmill? An extra 100 yards would be good for you

It's like those people who spend 10 minutes circling the mall parking lot looking for a parking space close to the door. You're going to spend the next hour walking around the mall, so what's the point
My workouts are primarily strength training and core exercises with some stationary bike mixed in however that really isn't relevant to my displeasure of having to walk 150 feet in 105 degree weather as i did on my visit. I'm not a fan of doing same in thunderstorms either so yes the parking issue wasn't a bright spot of my visit but i do get your point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary