Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 06:23 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,823,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatwavex View Post
Guys, no ill intentions here by the post. I found this comment above to be interesting. Have to admit, I am not blind, but some of you might miss the areas around these streets in Amberly, and this is the reason for my post:

Mountain Maple
Chalk Maple
Overcup Oak
Sand Pine
Bluff Oak
etc.. etc.

There must be at least 100 open lots (probably more, based on the size of the lots).

Thanks for all your inputs. I hadnt heard about some of the other comments provided.
Those streets are in located within one neighborhood in Amberly...all others are completely built out or under construction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 09:17 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,090,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2ohzrd View Post
FYI - there are no $500,000 homes for sale in Amberly Village Square. And, they are custom homes.
There WERE many that were in that range. But now, they're all closer to the $400-450k range. And they're semi-custom (they're on a tract of land with strict specs via the developer). I have family in there who LOVE it. It does appeal to a certain demographic, though, and it's not going to have the widespread appeal of a Cary Park type n'hood. It's not for me, but my neighborhood isn't for everyone, either!

Old 08-27-2011, 09:42 AM

80 posts, read 345,405 times
We are a relatively new family in Village Square Amberly and we love this neighborhood. People who move here, many with young children, are very social and the neighborhood recreational amenities mitigate the small personal backyard space. We lived in a similar concept neighborhood in Fort Mill, SC in the Charlotte area called Baxter Village. In additional to wonderful recreational amenities, baxter village also has restaurants and shops so it was an absolutely amazing place to live. But I know that we will love it here too. And, FYI, our home cost substantially LESS than 500K. When we were looking at homes in this area, we definitely saw value here! And we are good proximity from the new interstate, which was an issue with a few other neighborhoods in this price point. Go Amberly!

Old 08-27-2011, 11:24 AM

3,155 posts, read 10,756,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerMom811 View Post
We are a relatively new family in Village Square Amberly and we love this neighborhood. People who move here, many with young children, are very social and the neighborhood recreational amenities mitigate the small personal backyard space.
I would give up lot size to have the amenities that Amberly has. We have visited friends that live there, and having those gyms, work out areas, soccer field, park, water park like pool, are great... especially for young families. Our friends that live there are retired and they LOVE Amberly too. Lots of social stuff for them and their grandkids LOVE visiting. And what kid wouldn't love having all that at their finger tips. You guys made a good choice!

One last point: walking the kids a few blocks to the soccer field is a much better way to meet new people, new friends, and build a community than to be stuck in your own back yard kicking around a ball. Small lots coupled with the right amenities have their advantages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary