Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 08:12 PM

242 posts, read 1,213,327 times

Advertisements

Anyone with an Android phone, there are free apps like weatherbug and Radar Now amongst others that show fairly current radar maps and/or provide weather alerts and such. Nice to have at your fingertips when needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 06:16 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,948,486 times
google NC Map by County or NC County Map...print it out...laminate it if you want to track storms with a dry erase marker, etc....

Old 09-07-2011, 07:08 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,936,310 times
I wonder how much the printed maps would help you - they tend to be for purposes of tracking tropical storm coordinates over the ocean. I don't know if they show land details like counties.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:43 AM

1,277 posts, read 3,547,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfburns View Post
I don't remember how I found it, but here's a WRAL link to the NC counties. This is something you can print out and reference, when you need to know where a county is:

http://www.wral.com/presentation/v1/...c_counties.pdf
This county map is terrific! We printed it and posted it after the first summer we moved here -- and I had the same problem. Where the heck is Lee county anyway?? After awhile, you will realize that the same counties get named over and over - so glancing at the map near your computer, tv or refrigerator will help you get a sense of where the weather comes from and where it is going.

so now...I learned to pay attention to alerts in chatham and orange counties because that usually means something is headed toward wake county!

It won't take you long to figure out what is where -- and this is a great question. So glad great links were posted for you.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:45 AM

166 posts, read 304,420 times
I think I like this best so far as well.
Glad that you understood my issue....its a little creepy to be so new and have no idea where you are in relation to the on-coming storms. At least now I know that Harnett county shouldn't raise the hair on my neck as fast as Orange county...

Old 09-07-2011, 10:51 AM

25 posts, read 52,951 times
Speaking more to the weather-tracking aspect of the question, the mps at Track Hurricane Katia, Track Tropical Storm Maria / Stormpulse / Hurricanes, severe weather, tracking, mapping are great for tracking weather--particularly hurricanes.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:32 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,515,889 times
If you're in need of radar, WRAL's is excellent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary