U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 08:55 AM

6,061 posts, read 8,890,677 times
I recommend TROSA for simple moves.

Not pianos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 08:56 AM

4,551 posts, read 4,544,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myNC View Post
I don't recommend TROSA. We had a Veryyyyyy bad experience

I heard good things about Marrins
Interesting. Could you elaborate some on what was bad about them?

Old 09-08-2011, 02:42 PM

334 posts, read 497,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
Interesting. Could you elaborate some on what was bad about them?
1. They were tooooooo lazy (we went by the hour). Only one guy was working all the time. Even their supervisor spent more time chatting outside than working/loading/unloading. We spent wayyy less when we had the the same stuff moved to another apartment an year later with a different mover (Excel Moving). We were happy with Excel moving services.
2. One of the guys made inappropriate comments to my wife. I do not want to publish those comments here. I reported straightaway to TROSA of his behavior.
3. They did not handle the stuff properly
etc etc

..just to name a few

We hired them ONLY for the reason of helping THEM. We do not need inappropriate behavior even if we are getting free service let alone when we pay them.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:30 PM

115 posts, read 140,827 times
I'm sorry you had a bad experience with TROSA. We used them this summer and dh's work has used them for major moves before. They were excellent. TROSA is the acronym for a residential treatment program for substance abusers and it is very successful, both as a non-profit business and as a treatment program. The team we had were hardworking, professional, polite, and did not charge us for more than the quoted hours, even though our move took several hours longer. They also cannot accept tips, food, drinks, anything other than tapwater.
We were impressed. I understand that, as with any addictions program, they have at times had people who were skilled at working the system, but they work hard to keep it professional and they have a great reputation.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:27 AM

334 posts, read 497,142 times
Quote:
TROSA is the acronym for a residential treatment program for substance abusers and it is very successful, both as a non-profit business and as a treatment program.
That's exactly the reason we hired them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth_John View Post
The team we had were hardworking, professional, polite, and did not charge us for more than the quoted hours, even though our move took several hours longer. They also cannot accept tips, food, drinks, anything other than tapwater.
We were impressed. I understand that, as with any addictions program, they have at times had people who were skilled at working the system, but they work hard to keep it professional and they have a great reputation.
None of the qualities or attributes you mentioned about them were present in the team that helped us. They were lazy, they charged more hours than they quoted, they were disrespectful, impolite and so on.

As far the tips are concerned, they said they do not ask for tips but would accept if we were willing to give.

No matter how many people tell me they had a good experience I would NEVER use their service in future, even if it is free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary