Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 11:38 AM

140 posts, read 621,443 times

Advertisements

Hey there Tabby, I highly suggest Dogtopia in north Raleigh
Dogtopia of North Raleigh - Dog daycare, boarding, boutique and spa in North Raleigh, NC

We have boarded our pitbull mix here and the owners are great and very attentive. What I like is they don't just let anyone in. You have to bring your dog there to make sure it has the right temperament before they will agree to board. They also have webcams so if you are away from home you can watch your dog playing.

It's about a 30 minute drive from your house. I know because I think we live in the same subdivision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 12:40 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,790,511 times
Thanks Machine, that actually is looking like my front runner

Old 09-09-2011, 01:12 PM

481 posts, read 1,086,372 times
We use Brier Creek Pet Motel, which is either part of Morrisville or Durham. It's off Airport blvd. We haven't had any issues there. Both our dogs can stay together in the same run , which is indoor and outdoor. Not sure if that is too far but thought I would mention it

Old 09-09-2011, 01:15 PM

477 posts, read 1,418,931 times
Another vote for Suite Paws. We put our dog in 1/2 day day care when she is boarded there and there is an option for full day too. Very nice for the active dog!

I have heard great things from a friend about Dogtopia too.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:01 AM

286 posts, read 685,313 times
I'm glad this was brought up. I am trying to decide between Dogtopia and Diggity Dog. My big boy has never been boarded before. He is a rescue and was horribly abused before I got him. He was locked in a crate that was way too small for him for days and days on end with no food or water so he has quite the separation anxiety. He is much better now that I've had him for a year but I worry so much about putting him somewhere that isn't just perfect and having him traumatized again. Has anyone used Diggity Dog? It's close to my work.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:27 AM

481 posts, read 1,086,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaderGirl View Post
I'm glad this was brought up. I am trying to decide between Dogtopia and Diggity Dog. My big boy has never been boarded before. He is a rescue and was horribly abused before I got him. He was locked in a crate that was way too small for him for days and days on end with no food or water so he has quite the separation anxiety. He is much better now that I've had him for a year but I worry so much about putting him somewhere that isn't just perfect and having him traumatized again. Has anyone used Diggity Dog? It's close to my work.

I'm not claiming to be an expert but just from what I have seen/read etc...Here goes

If he is in a large indoor/outdoor run hopefully he should be ok. Dogtopia I don't think has them. If Diggity Dog has, visit the facility and take your dog. Let him smell around and see how he reacts to the noise. Explain your situation and see if they will let you take him into one of the runs or kennels. Being he was abused, make the kennel a postive experience. Bring treats, if you take him in, give praise ( if he is calm ) and a treat. You never want to pet an anxious dog, it encourages the behavior and they won't learn to be calm. Reward calm and relaxed. Be calm yourself and let him follow your energy. Do the same at home with a large crate, create a positive experience. Dogs live in the moment, and if you feel pitty for the past it's not the calm, strong energy he needs to move on. He will follow you lead

Old 09-12-2011, 07:18 AM

520 posts, read 1,016,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishellina View Post
I'm not claiming to be an expert but just from what I have seen/read etc...Here goes

If he is in a large indoor/outdoor run hopefully he should be ok. Dogtopia I don't think has them. If Diggity Dog has, visit the facility and take your dog. Let him smell around and see how he reacts to the noise. Explain your situation and see if they will let you take him into one of the runs or kennels.
One other idea - if the facilities offer doggie day care try a day or half-day and see how he reacts (both to the place & just to being away from you).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary